Anyone wanna help me solve this limit? :p

T.Vengeance

6b99c5245491baaf71265c1cb7c5d14c.png

I've been on this for half an hour... :(

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

^3 is the problem, isn't there a preset formula for that?(was some time ago)

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

^3 is the problem, isn't there a preset formula for that?(was some time ago)

It's an infinite limit problem that's why. Idk how to solve it cause I can't cancel out the bottom part.

Nevermind. Got it.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I don't understand? Maybe I am missing something, but it looks quite easy to me.

If x -> 5, then e^x is constant.

And x-5 will be 0, meaning it will be:

(e⁵) / 0³

This is allowed, as it's limes and this means the result is: infinite

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

I don't understand? Maybe I am missing something, but it looks quite easy to me.

(e⁵) / 0³

he is right, just figured it out again.

Java Programmer, AMD Fanboy and soon to be casemodder

(e⁵) / 0³

You forget that we have x -> 5-, which means the denominator is negative. Therefor the result is -infinite.

This will really help in cases like these (and much more complicated limits as well, so learn it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'H%C3%B4pital's_rule

Rule of thumb, to quickly tell: power off numerator > power of denominator, therefore diverge to +infinty

Your rule of thumb doesn't work in this case.

You forget that we have x -> 5-, which means the denominator is negative. Therefor the result is -infinite.

You are very correct, even though around here it means - when not otherwise stated - that lim x->5 == lim x->5+

DayZ Forum Moderator, DayZ Developer, ARMA 3: 2017 Developer, System-Admin, Gameserver-Admin, always interested to learn something new as well as new people.

You are very correct, even though around here it means - when not otherwise stated - that lim x->5 == lim x->5+

That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since 1 is also equal to +1. Also +infinite is used more frequently than -infinite (not talking about limts).

Your statement about the limits being equal, is strange. If I write nothing I mean that the limes is coming from both sides.

We have: lim x->5 <=> lim x->5-  and lim x->5+

Wouldn't it be approaching infinity from the left as the denominator gets ever so close to getting to zero, where as the numerator will get larger & larger?

Found someone from yahoo that answered this: 

"(lim x-->5-) e^x/(x - 5)^3 

Plugging in x = 5 gives us: 

e^5/(5 - 5)^3 
= e^5/0 

Now, through negative values, this function will approach negative values as (x - 5)^3 < 0 for x < 5. 

Therefore, this approaches negative infinity."

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since 1 is also equal to +1. Also +infinite is used more frequently than -infinite (not talking about limts).

Your statement about the limits being equal, is strange. If I write nothing I mean that the limes is coming from both sides.

We have: lim x->5 <=> lim x->5-  and lim x->5+

Wisest would most likely be to just say:

+- infinite

Wisest would most likely be to just say:

+- infinite

If we had, lim x->5 I would write +-infinite. Otherwise the differencation between + and - infinite is important.

There is however a case where no difference exists.