LG 34UM95 using as USB Hub

Vanq

Hi all,

Looking at getting the LG 34UM95 34" UltraWide Widescreen 21:9 or possibly the AOC version when it comes out next month.

I've never used an external monitor for a laptop before and had some questions about the connectivity for use with a Laptop and a Tablet.

Proposing to use Display Port to connect the laptop (any wireless options?) and use Miracast with a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet for when I use with that.

I want to connect a Keyboard and Mouse to both, preferrably wireless.  I don't have an issue with a BT Keyboard but the mouse I want are all wireless 2.4GZ with an adapter.  Can I put this adapter into the USD sockets in the back of the monitor and then they'll work for the Laptop and/or the Tablet?  Same question for Keyboard.

Or do I have to do something to use the USB hub?

Thanks in advance.

if you do not use thunderbolt to connect the monitor to the laptop you will also have to plug in a USB  cable from your monitor  to your computer so that the usb hub on back of the monitor works. 

Then it should be just fine, but the 34UM95 does not come with the cable, you have to buy it separately 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

you will need a USB Type-B Male to Type-A Male 3.0 for the HUB -> computer. all the normal Type-A are inputs for the USB Hub. 

usb-connector-id-guide.jpg

Thanks - anyone used this with a tablet?

Or with a RF plugged into the monitor for a wireless mouse/keyboard?