X99 compatible PSU ?

BLCT

I know there is another topic like this, but what is really compatible with the X99 platform ? there are already many x99 motherboards that are catching on fire from their own PSU ? Here is this one guy, who had is x99 Deluxe burned out due to his PSU, this got me scared, wondering if my PSU would blow my future x99 deluxe. Link to the article : http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008

However, do you guys know if my PSU (EVGA SuperNova G2 850W) will work with the x99 Deluxe ? And maybe if it helps, im planning on get the 5820k, 16 gb of ram, and gtx 980.

"Audiophilia... when you start to hear voices in your head."

Yeah you'll be fine. Also the PSU's aren't causing the melting of motherboard parts it's the actual motherboards themselves.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210845-x99-motherboards-are-failing-already/

isn't Asus quality control good ? i don't have to worry correct ? Is it possible that it could blow the cpu or the gpu ?

isn't Asus quality control good ? i don't have to worry correct ? Is it possible that it could blow the cpu or the gpu ?

Possible, yes. Probable, no. It's a new platform, with completely new and very complicated (even for modern computer parts, look at how crowded that PCB is) design. These things will happen, especially in the beginning. That's the pain of being an early adopter, and that is the reason places have return policies and manufacturers have warranties. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

Possible, yes. Probable, no. It's a new platform, with completely new and very complicated (even for modern computer parts, look at how crowded that PCB is) design. These things will happen, especially in the beginning. That's the pain of being an early adopter, and that is the reason places have return policies and manufacturers have warranties. 

scared that i'll buy one then it doesn't work. Then for some reason it fires my cpu or gpu that can't be replaced

scared that i'll buy one then it doesn't work. Then for some reason it fires my cpu or gpu that can't be replaced

The likelihood of it frying either, particularly the GPU is insanely low. IF it did, that's what the warranty on the motherboard, as well as the GPU is for. If you live somewhere where you can get it from somewhere like Microcenter (maybe some online places offer it too, idk) you could get some sort of replacement plan that would give you extra coverage should that happen. No matter what though, between warranties and return policies, I wouldn't worry about it much. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

• 1 month later...

I have a Gigabyte X99 UD4 board, and it fried using a 1000W Silverstone PSU.

I got a replacement board and it fried too, taking the CPU with it.

I'm not trying this power supply on another one, so I don't know what to recommend other than staying away from X99 until the next round of boards.

• 6 months later...

My Asus X99 Deluxe died also, not sure if it took the CPU out with it but have returned both under warranty

and I was using a Corsair HX750i PSU, power supply is ok though.