GTX Titan or 780?

Stingus

I am looking into upgrading my GTX 680 for better performance in games and was wondering if it is worth getting the Titan, 780 or even not upgrading at all? I would like to run BF4 maxed. Thank you

Well, it's hard to tell since BF4 is not out yet =P

But a Titan is pointless, barely any increase in performance over the 780 for +300-400$ not worth it.

If I was you, I'd wait until BF4 is out, get it, and try, if you feel the need to upgrade, get a 780.

And most likely the prices will slightly drop so you might save 50$ or something.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Battlefield 4 =) i also dont know. But if you aint hurry, wait for the game release and then try it out on ur 680 is still not slow. But technology stuff is never ending~ once u get this next out come out....

If anyhow also need to choose one out of this two,  will rather choose GTX780.

Titan is like epic price for me, the cooler n the look is also the same, performance different not much too. with a price different of $300~400, can either save up for maybe 2nd card or maybe other stuff like SSD.

This is what i think =) different person have different idea. So, just trying to help.

CHEERS!

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

hmm would it be better to get a 780 now and in the future buy another and run sli?

I personally would get the 780 over the titan. The ratio of price to performance is far better for the 780 than for the Titan. However if you've got the money to spend on a titan then by all means do it for the bragging rights

Get a second 680.

Also a good idea. Sli 2x 680 also will reveals a beast =)

hmm would it be better to get a 780 now and in the future buy another and run sli?

If you got the money and feeling that it's neccassary for upgrading a GTX680 to a 780. I'm not rich so i stick with one GTX680.

Or maybe you want to have all top tear collection? xP btw, its really depends. depend on how u game on it, what resolution u gaming with and etc. i BELIEVE that GTX680 still can handle single 1080p.

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Well, it's hard to tell since BF4 is not out yet =P

But a Titan is pointless, barely any increase in performance over the 780 for +300-400$ not worth it.

If I was you, I'd wait until BF4 is out, get it, and try, if you feel the need to upgrade, get a 780.

And most likely the prices will slightly drop so you might save 50$ or something.

Also, you may want to wait to see if you'd like the game before purchasing it.

i would wait to see the later hardware before spending any money because you could have $50+. the new AMD gpus might be better then the nVidia ones but only time will tell. plus bf4 isnt out for another 4 almost 5 months

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

Are you able to use multiple GPUs? What is your PSU, motherboard, etc?

currently coolmaster gold 1000w psu, asus sabertooth x79 motherboard, 16gb ram, i7 3930k cpu and the asus gtx 680 oc edition

Unless you want to make use of the Titan's full double precision compute, stick to the 780 since it has near identical gaming performance.

680 will run BF4 more than fine... It's not going to be a HUGE leap from BF3.

I plan on playing it with my GTX 560 2GB Superclocked.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.0GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 RAM: 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Storage: Samsung 120GB 840 SSD Cooling: Corsair H100 with Noctuas Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2

SpeedTest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/3243874809.png

Depends what fps you want to run at. I like to run at a very high fps (planning on buying a BenQ XL2411t), so my direct cu 2 gtx 670 is not really good enough for my liking. However, if you play on a 60Hz monitor, I would just stick with the 680, it will most likely be able to play BF4 at 60fps, if not, sli 680 or buy a 780. 

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

The gtx 780 is about 90% the performance of the titan for only 65% of the price, if you don't care about price and just want the best performance, than go with the titan, you can also get a second 680 and put them in sli but if you don't want the headache then i would recommend the GTX 780. Hope this helped

Why do you even want to upgrade? You should be happy you at least have a 680 :P

I know, I know, you want to play BF4 maxed out, but still, it's not worth getting either a 780 or a Titan (at least for me anyway) to turn up the graphics another notch....

(Says the guy who happily plays games on medium XD)