HALP! mobo wont boot at all

Big-Pete

ok

so its my sig rig.

plug everything in.

try and turn it on and nothing, i ge thte gren light on the mobo to tell me its got power, hit the power button and nothing, the fans try and turn a little power LED flashes on and then back off and nothing else happens

thought it could be PSU, ripped it out, put a corsair unit in, same problem. im starting to suspect the mobos had it???

memory changes nothing, havent got another gpu to try but it doesnt start. no red lights nothing just dead.

HELP

ANYONE!?

P8p67pro
16gb ram
ssd
hdd
ocz psu

ive got the psu/gpu/ram running in another system so thats not the problem, i cant see it being the ssd/hdd (samsung ssd /seagateHDD) 

HELP!?!?

maybe try with no gpu? you have onboard graphics which you may be able to use to atleast be able to boot into windows, if that fixes it then maybe that will single out the gpu as the issue

maybe try with no gpu? you have onboard graphics which you may be able to use to atleast be able to boot into windows, if that fixes it then maybe that will single out the gpu as the issue

p8p67pro=no onboard.

ive got the gpu/ram/psu running on a completely different system atm (fx4100/580/16gbram/ocz psu) 

p8p67pro=no onboard.

ive got the gpu/ram/psu running on a completely different system atm (fx4100/580/16gbram/ocz psu) 

ah right my bad been a while, maybe a bios update could help.. its helped me before

ah right my bad been a while, maybe a bios update could help.. its helped me before

i cant even get to a boot screen dude

i press teh on button and alli get is a flash from the lights and its off. asif its shorting. 

I wanna know what the state of the pc was at the beginning. Like were you moving it into a new case? Or new build? ...Dusting catastrophe? Maybe you forgot to turn the monitor on lol.. idk.

ok

plug everything in.
HELP

Kind of cuts out most of the story imo

I had this problem today too. Flashed my bios and forgot to switch my boot from p1 to p2. So yeah, heart attack.

try starting up with 1 stick of ram

if it starts than update bios

Try re-seating your CPU, sometimes you can get a static build up that stops the computer from starting....From experience taking the CPU out and taping the side against the case gently can solve the problem.

IF that doesn't work, i would say either dead CPU or Motherboard,

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

You can try this:

Turn off PSU. 

Unplug PSU

Hold the power button for 30 seconds to take away static.

Plug in PSU and turn it on.

Hold power button for 30 seconds and let go.

Try turning it on now.

Next thing to do is take out every component from your motherboard and try the steps above again.

ok ive come to the conclusion ive got a short somewhere.

sooooo ive bought a new mobo, drastic i know but A) cheap B) z68 vs the P67 i have currently.

@ all i have taken every step to see if it works and it doesnt,

the only thing i cant test is the cpu/mobo(i dont happen to have a spare board/cpu) so its 1 of the 2 and the cheaper option is the mobo, sooo thats being replaced, if its not that then ill send it back and just go out and buy a haswell 4770k system. 

Take all components out of case and place them on a non conductive surface with the bare minimums. 1 stick ram no addoncards etc  e,g, cardbord or timber and ghetto test bench everything.  If it works you have a short somewhere.  Did you install the correct standoffs in correct places?

Take all components out of case and place them on a non conductive surface with the bare minimums. 1 stick ram no addoncards etc  e,g, cardbord or timber and ghetto test bench everything.  If it works you have a short somewhere.  Did you install the correct standoffs in correct places?

its been folding solid for about 18months! then all of a sudden nothing.

its been folding solid for about 18months! then all of a sudden nothing.

Still try it and give the motherboard a good blow incase a screw is lodged somewhere causing it to short. 

If you've been folding for that long, you've probably just worn it out. Components do have a limited lifespan and running them at 100% all the time will diminish that lifespan quicker. I hope for your sake it's the mobo and not the CPU so you don't have to fork out anymore cash. Good luck.

MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) | Core i7 2700K @ 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB @ stock

8GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2133MHz | OCZ Agility 3 60GB | 3x500GB RAID 5 | DVD-RW

Xclio Nighthawk | OCZ ModX Stream Pro 700W | CM Hyper 212 EVO with Corsair SP120s push/pull