Bottleneck issue

Safoan

Hi all. I am new to the forum so apologies if this the the wrong place for this question. I recently upgraded my graphics card to Asus Raideon r 7 240 for my mini desktop pc. I have core 2 quad q 9400 cpu and 6 gb 1333 dr 3 ram (it's a hp 6000 pro something pc). I am running win 7 pro 64 bit. Anyhow while playing assassin creed black flag I noticed I am getting around 20 to 25 fps in 720 p and it falls even more if I try to increase anything. But while looking at my cpu and gpu usage I see that cpu is running at 20 percent and gpu at 80 percent of its capacity. My question is is there any bottleneck here that my gpu is only using 80 percent when I would be happy if it were to use 100 percent and give me a bit more framerate. It only happens with assassin creed battle field 4 runs fine and uses 100 percent of my gpu most of the time. I am really confused so suggestions would be great. I have all the latest fiver installed. Thankyou.

If your CPU is on 20% and GPU is on 80% there is no bottleneck from the CPU. Try using MSI afterburner/AMD Overdrive to increase the power limit to +20%. That solves a lot of usage issues

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Its actually because black flag is poorly optimised and will not yeild you good fps.

And may i know that at what resolution you are playing on and at which settings

I have a Asus card and using Asus gpu tweak to monitor the usage. Just to be sure you are asking me to over clock right?

I am running the game in 720p and ant ianalyzing off and other setting in medium to low.

I have a Asus card and using Asus gpu tweak to monitor the usage. Just to be sure you are asking me to over clock right?

No. What @Archangel1994 is suggesting isn't really overclocking. Your card will be running at stock clocks. You will just instruct it to use more power than defaults would. My friend with R9 280 had same problem and used same solution with good result.

E: I think you can do it with Asus software too. They are basicly same with different skins.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

You will just instruct it to use more power than defaults would.

It elevates the maximum, not make it use more by default. It just gives it more room which it sometimes needs.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861