What is a good CPU for streaming?

Go to solution Solved by Demonking,

I am helping my friend build a computer because he wants to stream and of course play video games. The question that came to mind is what is a good CPU for streaming? At the moment my friend settled for getting an Intel processor (i5-4670k at 3.4 GHz), but is questioning whether it is good for streaming games on twitch. 

Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated (because I may use it for a future rig) 

Thanks in advance : :D

Just tell him to Buy an Nvidia GPU that is atleast a 650ti & up for shadow play which allows you to stream using the GPU instead of stressing the CPU

I am helping my friend build a computer because he wants to stream and of course play video games. The question that came to mind is what is a good CPU for streaming? At the moment my friend settled for getting an Intel processor (i5-4670k at 3.4 GHz), but is questioning whether it is good for streaming games on twitch. 

Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated (because I may use it for a future rig) 

The 4670K/4690K will be perfect for streaming.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Budget?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Just tell him to Buy an Nvidia GPU that is atleast a 650ti & up for shadow play which allows you to stream using the GPU instead of stressing the CPU

Budget?

His budget is around $1000 if he can spend less than that, its a plus.

Are the 1000$ on CPU only? Cause if that is the case, then the 5820k is an excellent choice. If it's for a whole gaming build then 4670k / 4690k are OK, especially if you go with Nvidia so that the load impact goes to the GPU.

You can always go amd with 8350/8370 as most games only make use of 2-4 cores and you will have a few to spare for streaming. With a bit of overclocking you can easily get nearly the same performance with less cost.

His budget is around $1000 if he can spend less than that, its a plus.

Well he can go 8350 on a MSI 970 gaming if he wants the cheapest decent option but if he goes 8350 I'd recommend a ASUS 990FX high end board with that sort of money.

Just remember to test your upload speed.

Well he can go 8350 on a MSI 970 gaming if he wants the cheapest decent option but if he goes 8350 I'd recommend a ASUS 990FX high end board with that sort of money.

Just remember to test your upload speed.

I agree with the motherboard recommendations but I forgot to mention, test your upload speed before buying anything. And check with your ISP if you can change your router or if your existing one supports QoS

AMD cards have the same thing

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky