[US] 4KHD TV - Amazon

Ace Light

How about a box office hit, especially among us nerds: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Next, as everyone has pointed out - have you tried watching fast paced movies/shows on a 60hz TV (never mind a 30hz)? Motion blur is hugely distracting (at least for me with 20/20 sight). Now using your own thoughts, name all the Blu Ray/DVD movies (not including documentaries or nature movies) that you have that are 4K.

Just because it isn't typical now, when it is still fairly new, doesn't mean it won't be. Most of the people here are enthusiasts and we want the best of all worlds if possible, thus why we see the complaint about 30hz 4k. I personally can't attest to 4k video and 30hz and how it looks, I was simply posting what most people say and my understanding of it.

dude you just convinced me. That one movie is totally worth getting a 60hz tv. Now, the reason motion blur is distracting is because the director wants it to be distracting, otherwise he would record at 60fps. He doesn't want that. the "cinematic" feel people make fun of exists, and its there just to make everything more confusing and chaotic. In a video game tahts bad because you have to react to everything, but that's not the case in movies. If directors wanted 60fps they would've done it already. They don't want it and neither do I to be honest

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Not only is there very little 4K content but the standard to compress/decompress and encode/decode 4K has changed over the months/year lately and because of that, some TVs can not support new 4K content. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

its 50 inch though you gonna be sitting so far away from it that 4k becomes almost irrelevant 

optimal-viewing-distance-television-grap

unless your gonna be sitting 1.8m away from it xD

Why would you even get a 4K TV if 99.9999% of TV is in 1080p or lower? 

Because we must walk on the moon in our own little way.

dude you just convinced me. That one movie is totally worth getting a 60hz tv. Now, the reason motion blur is distracting is because the director wants it to be distracting, otherwise he would record at 60fps. He doesn't want that. the "cinematic" feel people make fun of exists, and its there just to make everything more confusing and chaotic. In a video game tahts bad because you have to react to everything, but that's not the case in movies. If directors wanted 60fps they would've done it already. They don't want it and neither do I to be honest

Because costs and industry standards have nothing with how movies are filmed. Just like how we always invent by doing the same thing and not straying from the norm. I tell you, I still love my CRT monitors and TV's, there is no reason to have bigger than a 23" TV, don't you agree? </sarcasm>

I think people are missing my point here, I'm not suggesting you buy a 4K TV (I'm actually quite practical and wouldn't suggest it being worth the money right now), but I also understand that people need to buy into this market to progress technology. I would fully suggest that you buy a better TV than 30hz; WHY? Because you are most likely watching more than films on your TV (shows, sports, nature documentaries, etc.) and that refresh rate needs to be much better or the motion blur will annoy and give you a headache after time. If you are buying a TV just for movies, spend the money on a good projector and home theater equipment and forget the 4K TV for now (refer to my 4K movie question previously brought up).

Why would you even get a 4K TV if 99.9999% of TV is in 1080p or lower? 4K TV's are silly right now

- Upscaling 1080p blu-rays

- Youtube has supported 4K since 2010

- Viewing digital photos at their full glory instead of being scaled down to your current TV/Monitor resolution

- Netflix now supports 4K: http://www.stuff.tv/netflix/netflix-stream-house-cards-season-2-4k/news

- Sony has had 4K movies for over a year now.

- Using it as a monitor for your computer, increased desktop real estate for applications, browsing.