Most Influential PC Games?

SnowGhost1212

Hey everyone,

What do you guys think the most influential titles in video gaming history have been?

Mine go as follows:

1. Dungeons and Dragons (not a video game, but it was their birth)
  2. Minecraft
  3. Half Life

What do you guys think?

SnowGhost

Doom/Quake

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Hmm 

Doom - FPS

Mario - Platformers

Tetris - Puzzle Games

Half Life - Cinematic games?

Dune - RTS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I <3 dune so much.

Yeah I was trying to think or a really early RTS that did it right

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You guys are gonna hate me but

Call of duty 4

That changed a lot

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You guys are gonna hate me but

Call of duty 4

That changed a lot

There needs to be a dislike button specifically and exclusively for this post.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You gotta admit that it was influential (by making First-Person Shooters a lot more mainstream or something). Maybe not in a good way, but still influential nonetheless.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

You gotta admit that it was influential (by making First-Person Shooters a lot more mainstream or something). Maybe not in a good way, but still influential nonetheless.

I admit nothing...

im just gonna go straight up and say League of Legends has been very influential, as it has promoted E Sports in such a way, that streaming / broadcasting and watching E Sports Tournaments live online and influencing the push of E Sports as mainstream entertainment, but ofc there was Quake and Counter Strike as the earliest Competitive scenes, but LoL is the first we have seen with huge numbers watching and this has pushed the online broadcasting scene to a much higher level than previously seen 

i didnt say it changed the world for the better but the call of duty series has changed the fps genre a lot.  You may hate it but its the truth

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

CRYSIS!

let the hate begin.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Mine:

1. Pong
  2. Half Life
  3. Touhou

Pong since it's one of the first games to be sold to the household whose graphics didn't consist of a single block...

Half life since it was instrumental in bringing Counter Strike to the gaming scene...

Touhou since it's one of the longest running series of games that exists up to today (and most of the games in the series was made by a single person)... (Started in the PC98 era with the latest installment released in 2013)... Not to mention the fanworks scene that comes with it...

Candy Crush

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Any reasons for picking this game?

It Influence asshole to send me invitation I don't care at all on Facebook. And influence other app shit to do the same, and make facebook a casual shit gamer platform. 

But I f I have to choose one that gave good influence, I would say Doom or Quake, as they are quite the starter of FPS, like Half life

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

For me it would be:

1. Minecraft: That's how I got into PC gaming.

2. New SMB: It was my very first game.

3. Team Fortress 2: That's what kept me on the PC when the Minecraft Hype was over.

4. Portal 2: It was the first game that had a real story, that I'd ever played. I even think that it had something to do with my excellent logical thinking compared to others at my age.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

It Influence asshole to send me invitation I don't care at all on Facebook. And influence other app shit to do the same, and make facebook a casual shit gamer platform. 

But I f I have to choose one that gave good influence, I would say Doom or Quake, as they are quite the starter of FPS, like Half life

Fair enough...

Wolfenstein 3D

Doom

Half Life

Baldur's Gate

Deus Ex

Portal 2: It was the first game that had a real story, that I'd ever played. I even think that it had something to do with my excellent logical thinking compared to others at my age.

You need to play more singleplayer games boy :)

Try bioware's games.

When I play a game with a memorable story I am reminded that the gaming is more important than the uber PCs, and the overclocking, the fancy GPUs and all that other stuff that we PC gamers do.

btw I agree Portal 2 is easily one of the best games i've every played. Brilliant in every aspect. I think it's Valve's best game and that's saying a lot.

To me it was SimCity.

Probably Wolfenstein for the FPS games, but that's a genre I never really got into.

Mario and Pong aren't PC games and Tetris existed prior to the launch of the Game Boy, but it only got popular because of Nintendo. 

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Wolfenstein 3D

Doom

Half Life

Baldur's Gate

Deus Ex

You need to play more singleplayer games boy :)

Try bioware's games.

When I play a game with a memorable story I am reminded that the gaming is more important than the uber PCs, and the overclocking, the fancy GPUs and all that other stuff that we PC gamers do.

btw I agree Portal 2 is easily one of the best games i've every played. Brilliant in every aspect. I think it's Valve's best game and that's saying a lot.

What you didn't knew when you wrote this is that I'm 15 currently and at that time I was like 11 or 12 I think. :P

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

PC games only? Tetris. It wasn't really exclusive since the prototype was on a strange russian machine but whatever.

i didnt say it changed the world for the better but the call of duty series has changed the fps genre a lot.  You may hate it but its the truth

*COUGH* *COUGH* *Half-Life 1&2*

Because he had a hard drive.

*COUGH* *COUGH* *Half-Life 1&2*

That did influence a lot of games but look at how much of a difference cod has made to the fps market, this feels odd to defence cod, im not an advocate of the game but its made a big difference and destroyed games like medal of honour, damn nearly killed battlefield as well.

Listen if you care.