Incorrect Voltages?! Help please!

Lima123

I'm pretty sure these volts aren't right , please tell me if they aren't? Also please note that the CPUVcore fluctuates between 1.3 Volts and 0.8 ) 

post-81610-0-14819100-1410723767.png

The CPU Vcore fluctuation is normal (lower voltage on idle) but your 12V rail has the poorest ripple I've ever seen. My guess would be that your 12V is dying.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I'm pretty sure these volts aren't right , please tell me if they aren't? Also please note that the CPUVcore fluctuates between 1.3 Volts and 0.8 ) 

The core will change voltage depending on the CPU utilisation. And that +12V could be right, try checking it with a multimeter.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

that 12V is really bad. what is your psu and how old is it?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

The CPU Vcore fluctuation is normal (lower voltage on idle) but your 12V rail has the poorest ripple I've ever seen. My guess would be that your 12V is dying.

Would make sense, so a new PSU is needed correct? It is 2 years old?

that 12V is really bad. what is your psu and how old is it?

MY PSU 500w Coolermaster elite 70% Eff , it is 2 years old

Would make sense, so a new PSU is needed correct? It is 2 years old?

It shouldnt be that dead after 2 years unless it's a shite PSU to begin with..

Edit: That PSU is not the best. I can recommend damn near every Seasonic PSU, Corsair CX600 or CS550M (My recommendation)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

It shouldnt be that dead after 2 years unless it's a shite PSU to begin with..

Edit: That PSU is not the best. I can recommend damn near every Seasonic PSU, Corsair CX600 or CS550M (My recommendation)

It was a great PSU!, but i guess i'm in need for a new one. 

MY PSU 500w Coolermaster elite 70% Eff , it is 2 years old

well its not even 80+ certified... that is probably whats going on. if i were you, id borrow a multimeter and check it, and in any case, get a new one that is atleast bronze certified, to get some confidence in it :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

It was a great PSU!, but i guess i'm in need for a new one. 

If it dies after 2 years it's not a great PSU. That just means it worked, nothing more and nothing less.

If it dies after 2 years it's not a great PSU. That just means it worked, nothing more and nothing less.

Yeah you're right i guess, as soon as i saw it 9 volts i was like woah this isn't right D:

Yeah you're right i guess, as soon as i saw it 9 volts i was like woah this isn't right D:

You just need a new PSU. The ones I listed before will do just fine. A seasonic PSU is probably the most expensive option.

id go with a corsair CS series, or RM, depending on the price difference

Thank you everyone

anytime :) need any more help just post in the correct section and we shall help :D

well its not even 80+ certified... [...] get a new one that is atleast bronze certified, to get some confidence in it :)

That's only suggestive of a correlation and is a poor guideline for PSU shopping.

Since this is software readings, they could be wrong, but if it's right it's a miracle this thing still boots with regulation that loose.

Like said before, confirm it with a multimeter before buying a new PSU, because that could easily be a bad reading.

Error: 410

That has nothing to do with it and is a poor guideline for PSU shopping.

Since this is software readings, they could be wrong, but if it's right it's a miracle this thing still boots with regulation that loose.

Like said before, confirm it with a multimeter before buying a new PSU, because that could easily be a bad reading.

usually it is.... if you have a good unit, you will get it tested and certified. if your unit is crap, you will sell it for low money as uncertified...

usually it is.... if you have a good unit, you will get it tested and certified. if your unit is crap, you will sell it for low money as uncertified...

You quoted me before I edited since I had it poorly worded.

You can still buy an 80+ cert bronze chunk of scrap metal with wires.

Error: 410

You quoted me before I edited since I had it poorly worded.

You can still buy an 80+ cert bronze chunk of scrap metal with wires.

yes, but you have less of a chance. there is a biiig chance non 80+ PSU is a piece of junk