AMD Home office workstation build log!

G_Chames

I know this isn't a gaming rig, but I'm gonna start with some background on this build, I'm building this computer for my mom, she runs a non-profit organization called Memory People (it's for Alzheimer's) the computer she uses is roughly a 7 year old HP desktop. She does a lot of Skype and Microsoft office type work.

This will be my sixth build, I had a budget of 1000$ to spend including monitor, mouse and keyboard. I just ordered everything on Friday with 3 day shipping so hopefully it will be here mid week, hope you all enjoy. Let me know your opinions on what I decided to put into the build and what you think of it when it's done! I will update more once the parts start arriving.

Followed. Can't you tell me a quick preview of the part list? :P

Its my first APU build so i went with the A10 7850K Kaveri  :)  Im interested to see how it performs!

Its my first APU build so i went with the A10 7850K Kaveri  :)  Im interested to see how it performs!

Is it the Kaveri build guide that Linus did? CrossFire the 7850K and R7 250?

Just kidding. Too overkill for a home office PC. :P

Is it the Kaveri build guide that Linus did? CrossFire the 7850K and R7 250?

Just kidding. Too overkill for a home office PC. :P

Ha no that would definitely be a little too much 

Monitor and Case arrived today! I got the an Asus 24" super narrow bezel IPS panel monitor and the NZXT source 210 windowed case, here are a couple pictures, once everything arrives i will do a complete parts list and do the build Saturday.

10700482_10202785925870260_1831653344051

Pictures were taken with my Iphone so they are kinda crappy

10541369_10202785926030264_6860234457912

1926212_10202785925950262_1532740453478410708501_10202785926990288_3677729604058

tumbs up!

Good to see a non-overkill machine! :)

A reasonable project.

Look at my recient post :D  to let you in on a sneak peek Im running WoW on Ultra settings at about 95fps, and Theif on "High" settings at about 56fps.  So the CPU element, isn't NEARLY as bad as people think. 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Hey! Sorry its taken me so long to post an update to this build. I finally got it all done Saturday and havn't had time to update this yet Here are some pictures for now and when i get a chance i will update with better ones and a full detailed build log :) Thanks! 

IMG_0559_zps096f9840.jpgIMG_0555_zpse8fda5be.jpg

(This was of course without the ram installed yet, it was a day late on shipping but i just wanted a picture.)

Sorry they are so crappy, will get better ones soon!  :P