R9 295x2 or Titan Black?

Chizbang

R9 295x2, speaking as owner and coming from a titan, and would never go back, a freaking amazing card

honestly if he isn't running a resolution higher than 1920x1080p I would get a 780 or 780ti, both are more the over powered for 1080p and if he really wants to spend that much more I would get the 295x2 since the AMDs have a higher memory bus and are better at 4k, but then again Linus doesn't like 4k on windows right now anyways

295x2, obviously

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

I'd suggest the Titan.

Because the next time he'll be looking for a new GPU maybe he'll make a better decision and learn how stupid PhysX actually really is at this moment :P.

honestly if he isn't running a resolution higher than 1920x1080p I would get a 780 or 780ti, both are more the over powered for 1080p and if he really wants to spend that much more I would get the 295x2 since the AMDs have a higher memory bus and are better at 4k, but then again Linus doesn't like 4k on windows right now anyways

I really hate it when people say this, it's so shortsighted. That's to run current games, but I'm sure he ain't gonna buy a new card next year. So he should make sure he has some headroom.

5 years ago when I bought HD5970 people also said overkill and blablabla but in reality it wasn't at all, because games and gaming requirements evolve!

I really hate it when people say this, it's so shortsighted. That's to run current games, but I'm sure he ain't gonna buy a new card next year. So he should make sure he has some headroom.

5 years ago when I bought HD5970 people also said overkill and blablabla but in reality it wasn't at all, because games and gaming requirements evolve!

the 5970 is a different tier of card than the 780ti and I have a gtx 660 and so far I haven't had to turn settings below high for BF4,titanfall, Bioshock Infinite, but my personal problem with getting the most expensive card is that the price to performance ratio is a lot lower than on other cards once you get a card like that you'll want to get the next better and newer card too

the 5970 is a different tier of card than the 780ti and I have a gtx 660 and so far I haven't had to turn settings below high for BF4,titanfall, Bioshock Infinite, but my personal problem with getting the most expensive card is that the price to performance ratio is a lot lower than on other cards once you get a card like that you'll want to get the next better and newer card too

That was also true 5y ago when I bought my card! Back then the HD5970 was somewhat compareable to a 780ti now.

And I do not agree with "you'll want to get the next better and newer card too" and I don't understand people who do.

You could now buy a 500 dollar card, let's say 780 and after 2 years buy a new 500 dollar card... Or you could buy a R9 295X now (1000 dollar) and keep it for 4 years.

Well, i very very very strongly doubt that the 500 dollar card after 2 years would be better than the R9 295X, more likely it would max be of similar performance.

So the R9 295X would obviously be the better choice, as you get 2 years of better performance and 2 years of equel performance for the same price.