Melbourne, Australia

red_jelly

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone has been to Australia more specificly Melbourne (the best place in Aus). What are your thoughts, what did you like, what did you dislike, how was your overall experience, how does it compare to where you're from and etc?

I'm just curious of all the none Melburnians on this forum. It doesnt have to be exclusive to Melb, Aus it can be any state. 

if you haven't been would you like to visit?

WE know our internet is crap... dont tell us again :P

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

i live in melbourn! while its a nice area it gets kinda boring, i live close to the city and after running out of most attractions in melbourn id rather live somewhere else like Queensland. anyways feel free to ask any other questions about the area 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

no your internet is bad my internet is crap im paying 90 bucks for 60gigs

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Im in sydney or more specifically the northern beaches personally id like to think its a bit better than Melbourne :P i went to melbourne once seemed boring

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

no your internet is bad my internet is crap im paying 90 bucks for 60gigs

TPG does a unlimited thing for 80

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

TPG does a unlimited thing for 80

its adsl though, i'm paying $200 for cable with tv and phone and getting 200gb monthly with 20down and 10up with telstra/bigpond

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Lol, was about to comment about the shite internet us Australians have, then I read the last line of your post lol. 

We have good weathers (way too hot for some, somehow), and not everything tries to kill you, only the snakes, sharks, spiders, mosquitoes, sting rays, RIP Steve :'(,  the sun, dingoes, birds, jellyfish and most deadly of them all, dropbears.....

Hope everyone has nice thoughts of Australia :D

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

But if you live here (melb) it will get boring because youve seen the sites so much. i live around 20 minutes from the city up north and i've liveed there for 13 years and the city and city life is always drawing me back in.

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

dropbears.....

i would rather get eaten by Tony abbott then a Dropbears

I live in ********* which is only a few k's away from the city (Melbourne) itself :) and it's pretty good the weather is a bit fucking random though :P

i would rather get eaten by Tony abbott then a Dropbears

Hell no, I'd get some salt for the dropbear man, fk dat shit. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Lol, was about to comment about the shite internet us Australians have, then I read the last line of your post lol. 

We have good weathers (way too hot for some, somehow), and not everything tries to kill you, only the snakes, sharks, spiders, mosquitoes, sting rays, RIP Steve :'(,  the sun, dingoes, birds, jellyfish and most deadly of them all, dropbears.....

Hope everyone has nice thoughts of Australia :D

Sums things up nicely

R.I.P Steve my childhood hero :'(

Sums things up nicely

R.I.P Steve my childhood hero :'(

When I heard that on the news, I fairly started crying. D':

*uncontrollable sobbing*

When I heard that on the news, I fairly started crying. D':

*uncontrollable sobbing*

Same dude that event crushed me :(

Melbourne is better than Perth, I will definitely give it that. Perth gets really boring really fast, that being said I like living in a quieter area so it doesn't bother me too much 

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

i live in melbourn! while its a nice area it gets kinda boring, i live close to the city and after running out of most attractions in melbourn id rather live somewhere else like Queensland. anyways feel free to ask any other questions about the area

Really? I thought you were in Sydney because of the uniform that's in the background of your build log clearly I was wrong

Melbourne is better than Perth, I will definitely give it that. Perth gets really boring really fast, that being said I like living in a quieter area so it doesn't bother me too much

Could be worse you could live in Adelaide and that is boring as shit according to family that lived there

Could be worse you could live in Adelaide and that is boring as shit according to family that lived there

I suppose, you never really hear anything good about Adelaide so it must be worse.

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Really? I thought you were in Sydney because of the uniform that's in the background of your build log clearly I was wrong

ill pm you the schools name, just don't want everyone knowing 

Specs

I suppose, you never really hear anything good about Adelaide so it must be worse.

Much worse according to my family that lived there nothing to do but watch day time tv yuck

I go there every year or two.I love going to The Local Taphouse. Great place to eat and have drinks. I've spent a while day just having drinks in the out door seating area.

I'm a country hick from a little town in WA. I go to Melbourne for work, for a week, every year and I can't stand it. Its always cold, the people are rude (not saying you all are, Just everybody I've dealt with), the city is laid out stupid. The lanes on the roads are smaller than the cars.

On the plus side, Its the only place I've ever been where there is always a taxi driving past.

Give me a small hut in the middle of nowhere with Gigabit Fibre, and a fortnightly delivery service. I'd be as happy as a fat kid on a doughnut.

I fly out again on Monday and I can't wait for it to be over and to be home again.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I've been to Melbourne plenty of times and personally i think that canberra is way better. fireworks allowed, bike paths everywhere, can give abbot the finger if you see him for killing the NBN and overall its just a nice place.

Hey, i was just wondering if anyone has been to Australia more specificly Melbourne (I know... Sydney is the best place in Aus).

FTFY

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Yeah, Queensland represent! That's where I live. I think that Sydney's the most beautiful city in Australia, but I really like Melbourne's urban lifestyle. I went there for the Australian Open recently.

50Cent sweg.