Is my overclock safe?

Bromundo

Hey guys,

Just wondering if 1.28v is fine for my 4670k @4.4GHz or if i should try and tone it back down to the 4.3GHz @1.22v where it was stable. 1.28v or 1.265v (vcore) looks like the absolute minimum i need for 4.4GHz.

Thanks!

what are your temps and if they are good than that is fine

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

My temps hit around 70c max in aida64 so i would say 72c being generous, i guess the question I'm asking is will 1.28v greatly reduce the lifespan of my cpu, thanks!

yea your fine it shouldnt degrade it that much as that is a good 24/7 overclock some people ar pushing 1.4 volts which i think is insane but yours should be good. I would reccomend tough dialing it back untile it is unstable and finding th lowest amount of volts.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

those temps are good.....just dont push them like i did

4.9GHz Cinebench...the temps!

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

those temps are good.....just dont push them like i did

oly crap those temps are like asking fore a death sentence

It didn't last much longer than 15 minutes at 0.02v lower so i think ill run aida64 for a few more hours to make sure this one is stable first!

It didn't last much longer than 15 minutes at 0.02v lower so i think ill run aida64 for a few more hours to make sure this one is stable first!

yea good idea you do have some extra room by the way what cpu cooler are you using

Hey guys,

Just wondering if 1.28v is fine for my 4670k @4.4GHz or if i should try and tone it back down to the 4.3GHz @1.22v where it was stable. 1.28v or 1.265v (vcore) looks like the absolute minimum i need for 4.4GHz.

Thanks!

do you even need to overclock your cpu in the first place? what do you do with your computer? gaming? and if so what is your GPU and screen resolution? is your GPU even bottlenecked by your CPU? if not put that thing back to stock and wait till it struggle to give you the performance that you require before you overclock it!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

oly crap those temps are like asking fore a death sentence

I have a back-up rig ;) wanna push this Intel quad core hard :D

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

I have a back-up rig ;) wanna push this Intel quad core hard :D

how much harder can you push that cpu without the magic blue smoke appearing you really want to though i would delid it

Im using a noctua nh-u12s that i got a pretty good deal on. I think I'm comfortable with 4.4GHz, maybe in a few months when I'm feeling careless ill jump it up a bit :P. Thanks for the help guys, as i kinda said, my main concern is that i might not get a very long lifespan out of 1.28v...

Im using a noctua nh-u12s that i got a pretty good deal on. I think I'm comfortable with 4.4GHz, maybe in a few months when I'm feeling careless ill jump it up a bit :P. Thanks for the help guys, as i kinda said, my main concern is that i might not get a very long lifespan out of 1.28v...

it seems with those temps that you have a pretty good chip if you ever decide to upgrade cooling to like a nh-d14 or a liquid cooler i would like to see how much further you could push it

how much harder can you push that cpu without the magic blue smoke appearing you really want to though i would delid it

I guess i will find out how far ;)....ive had it at 5.0 but nut stable enough for a benchmark

Gtx 780sli at 1440p for gaming. Cant figure out how to reply to posts on my ipad :/

Gtx 780sli at 1440p for gaming. Cant figure out how to reply to posts on my ipad :/

whats your question if your asking are they good enough then yes they are powerful enough to run 1440p even 1440p at 144hz which is only via the new asus rog swift  monitor

I was trying to reply to i_build_nanosuits who told me to put it back to stock and ask what i use my pc for

Also last question, how long should i run aida64 to be sure its stable?

I was trying to reply to i_build_nanosuits who told me to put it back to stock and ask what i use my pc for

to answer your question no it shouldn't bottleneck your gpu as a pentium overclocked barely bottlenecks it because games today prefer fewer faster cpu cores of more slower ones

Also last question, how long should i run aida64 to be sure its stable?

as long as you want i would recommend after you find your optimal clock leave it going for a couple of hours or leave it going overnight as long as you don't sleep in the sam room as it

I sleep in the same room but I'm in New Zealand so its only 1.30pm here :P

I sleep in the same room but I'm in New Zealand so its only 1.30pm here :P

i was just saying that because unless you have good air-conditioning it will get really hot in your room

It wants more volts for 4.4GHz -.-... I may drop it down to 4.2