What Is A 'Console Port' ?

MrRX7

What is a 'console port' and how do I know if a certain game is one?

What is a 'console port' and how do I know if a certain game is one?

Its a game thats written for console and then was simply "ported" (converted) to work on PC.

ports usually run poorly due to the fact that the code wasn't written specifically for PCs but rather for consoles but "forced" to run on a pc. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

gta4

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You knwo it is one by reading or watching reviews. Things like controller only button prompts, poor graphical options and clunky menus can be problems for PC users while being good for console users. a GOOD console port solves or adjusts these problems, bad ones can ruin games.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

basically its a game written for an inferior system with limited controls, then they decided to try to convert it to work on a system that is orders of magnitudes more powerful and has a wide variety of controls.

generally console ports suck because they have crappy graphics and clumsy controls, but when Ubisoft aren't involved, they are done properly sometimes

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

a BAD console port is a game developed to perform the best in console but due to these "optimizations" the PC version suffers from either locked framerates, clunky menu,controls etc.

An example being Need for Speed Rivals where its physics engine was tide to the fps and as a result pc gamers who removed the cap would experience the game at 2-3x the normal speed.

(At least thats how i understand it)

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]