What monitor should i buy?

Nizzel

So my AOC e2243Fw is dying (the screen turns black every now and then and it does some weird like cuts (artifacts?) on it eitherway i looked into the problem and it seems my monitor is idd dying. 

i also tried testing it using my 560 on the main monitor to see if it was my graphic card but the same thing happend. eitherway enough of that

i was thinking of buying a 1440p monitor since i have 2x 680 4gb cards

i dont have an insane budget and would like to keep it at around 400$/2300DKK probably a bit more since i dont think its possible to actualy find a monitor that cheap in Denmark thats 1440p

i have been looking at the BenQ 27" LED GW2765HT which cost 470$/2700DKK is that a good monitor or should i look at others? it seems to have gotten alright reviews but i havent really checked many others.

thats alot more than you need I would go for a cheap ips

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

literally the cheapest i could find ._.

literally the cheapest i could find ._.

I dont mean the extreme bottom each one should be approx $200

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

are you looking at prices in Denmark though? or just EU?

I think they might quite a bit more expensive in Denmark. They are really expensive here in Switzerland.

I got the Asus PB278Q for around 500 Swiss Francs / ~3100 DKK, or how expensive is that in Denmark?

(It might also be a bit cheaper now after the release of the ROG PG278Q, which is very similiar expect for the 144Hz!) <- Hopefully!

I think they might quite a bit more expensive in Denmark. They are really expensive here in Switzerland.

I got the Asus PB278Q for around 500 Swiss Francs / ~3100 DKK, or how expensive is that in Denmark?

(It might also be a bit cheaper now after the release of the ROG PG278Q, which is very similiar expect for the 144Hz!) <- Hopefully!

cant comment not european

the Asus PB278Q is 3500DKK in Denmark and yes you are correct 500 swiss francs is close to 3100dkk

Its not that extreme for a 1440p monitor. €400 minimum in the EU. I payed €500 for my PB278Q (second hand, 1 month old) a couple years ago.

@Nizzel The stand look kinda crap and a good quality stand is pretty important if you plan to move your monitor even around your desk. Especially as they are big screens. Whats your € budget? Where you shopping?

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

going to have to back out of this my knowledge is insufficient to be of much help

Its not that extreme for a 1440p monitor. €400 minimum in the EU. I payed €500 for my PB278Q (second hand, 1 month old) a couple years ago.

@Nizzel The stand look kinda crap and a good quality stand is pretty important if you plan to move your monitor even around your desk. Especially as they are big screens. Whats your € budget? Where you shopping?

i normaly look at pricerunner.dk which shows a bunch of sites for example komplett.dk and many more 

im planning to move the monitor quite often as i live at two places. would like to keep it at max 362 euro but a bit over is fine and under is ofc fine too

the Asus PB278Q is 3500DKK in Denmark

Looking at that conversion you may be better off going with a Korean 1440p monitor. Talk to others first but I believe there are a couple of good Korean panels and you will be able to overclock to around 90Hz without compromising too much (which you can't do on most other monitors). I have no clue of that other BenQ monitor but it seems you're getting a bad deal. The Koreans also have a shit stand but they overclock and are cheap so that good. The main brand ASUS/Dell models are expensive but just scream build quality and piece of mind. That BenQ? Its cheap so they have to save on money somewhere (build quality factor) but I doubt this thing overclocks or has any special features (could be wrong though, again know nothing about it).

I would just be aware of this while doing my research. You will figure out whichever best suits you.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Looking at that conversion you may be better off going with a Korean 1440p monitor. Talk to others first but I believe there are a couple of good Korean panels and you will be able to overclock to around 90Hz without compromising too much (which you can't do on most other monitors). I have no clue of that other BenQ monitor but it seems you're getting a bad deal. The Koreans also have a shit stand but they overclock and are cheap so that good. The main brand ASUS/Dell models are expensive but just scream build quality and piece of mind. That BenQ? Its cheap so they have to save on money somewhere (build quality factor) but I doubt this thing overclocks or has any special features (could be wrong though, again know nothing about it).

I would just be aware of this while doing my research. You will figure out whichever best suits you.

yah the prices are terrible in denmark. i have been thinking of korean monitors for a long time but on ebay they only ship to the UK i belive. and even if they do ship to denmark it has to add on alot of taxes and stuff like that.. it ends up being probably more expensive if it gets caught

yah the prices are terrible in denmark. i have been thinking of korean monitors for a long time but on ebay they only ship to the UK i belive. and even if they do ship to denmark it has to add on alot of taxes and stuff like that.. it ends up being probably more expensive if it gets caught

If I were you I would then buy a crappy second hand monitor (something to get you by) and just save up the extra cash to get the Asus PB278Q. It is expensive but it is the piece of hardware that you interact with most and will probably have the longest. It is an investment and if you get one you won't regret it (unless you want pure gaming monitor). It simply a matter of can you wait long enough to save the cash?

If I were you I would then buy a crappy second hand monitor (something to get you by) and just save up the extra cash to get the Asus PB278Q. It is expensive but it is the piece of hardware that you interact with most and will probably have the longest. It is an investment and if you get one you won't regret it (unless you want pure gaming monitor). It simply a matter of can you wait long enough to save the cash?

i have 3 other spare monitors i can use in the meanwhile. they are quite shit but i can go by i suppose. is the ASUS one really that good? its "only" 800dkk more so its not the end of the world and i do agree that a monitor is really important cause thats what you are looking at all the time really. its soon my birthday so i can get quite a bit of my money for it there though i do already have the money to buy it and i really want to ya know just use a good monitor and not some shitty ones ^^' its just alot of money to fork out for a monitor but i guess its an investment

Gotta sleep. Thanks for the help so far (: if you type anything i will see it in the morning

To a monitor person, yeah they are that good (Asus and Dell ultrasharp anyway, not sure of others). If you are particular about monitors and are annoyed by imperfections, then yeah it really is totally worth it. The colour, clarity and screen real estate from a 1440p really is superb and is no doubt the current sweet spot. Screen real estate is perfect for snapping applications to half of the screen and still having adequate space to work with documents side by side.

When you couple this with excellent build quality and stand options (rotate, tilt and height) it just makes everything about your computer so much sweeter. Everything from using software applications to stupid stuff like rotating the monitor to plug cables in and being able to move the screen around without fear it will snap off the stand.

The only thing that I would say, is that if you are a serious gamer, you may be better off with the ASUS ROG Swift. The Asus is fine for most games but I found the latency a little high for fps games. I use a cheap TN panel for (COD). Any 3rd person is fine on the Asus as long as you use vsync (screen tearing).

To a monitor person, yeah they are that good (Asus and Dell ultrasharp anyway, not sure of others). If you are particular about monitors and are annoyed by imperfections, then yeah it really is totally worth it. The colour, clarity and screen real estate from a 1440p really is superb and is no doubt the current sweet spot. Screen real estate is perfect for snapping applications to half of the screen and still having adequate space to work with documents side by side.

When you couple this with excellent build quality and stand options (rotate, tilt and height) it just makes everything about your computer so much sweeter. Everything from using software applications to stupid stuff like rotating the monitor to plug cables in and being able to move the screen around without fear it will snap off the stand.

The only thing that I would say, is that if you are a serious gamer, you may be better off with the ASUS ROG Swift. The Asus is fine for most games but I found the latency a little high for fps games. I use a cheap TN panel for (COD). Any 3rd person is fine on the Asus as long as you use vsync (screen tearing).

would it be that bad? i play cs go now and then but nowhere that serious. right now im using some cheap AOC TN monitor that only has 60hz so do you think there would be a difference from that to the asus one? the rog swift cost 6.5k DKK so thats really too much for me. i heard there was no ghosting and stuff like that from looking at the OC3D review so would it really be that different from the current one im using? i have heard alot about latency and stuff like that but people seem to either care alot or not care at all.

would it be that bad? i play cs go now and then but nowhere that serious. right now im using some cheap AOC TN monitor that only has 60hz so do you think there would be a difference from that to the asus one? the rog swift cost 6.5k DKK so thats really too much for me. i heard there was no ghosting and stuff like that from looking at the OC3D review so would it really be that different from the current one im using? i have heard alot about latency and stuff like that but people seem to either care alot or not care at all.

Is it that bad? No it isn't terrible. Is it noticeable? Yes I think it is. It is definitely not nearly as bad as turning on Vsync which I find makes the lag unplayable but I noticed a difference straight away. I play better on my crappy TN panel but that is due to a combination of larger screens are not necessarily better for fps games (you have to now concentrate on looking at a larger screen area) and also that IPS just isn't as responsive as TN (especially since I overclocked my TN panel to 72Hz which is easy to do with Nvidia GPUs). For me, I have a second 1080p TN panel (cheapest  second hand 1080p I could find) set up for dual screen so if I want to play COD (BO2 is only FPS I really play), I just switch the graphics settings to run everything on that display and away I go. Any other game I love to play on my Asus though.

Is it that bad? No it isn't terrible. Is it noticeable? Yes I think it is. It is definitely not nearly as bad as turning on Vsync which I find makes the lag unplayable but I noticed a difference straight away. I play better on my crappy TN panel but that is due to a combination of larger screens are not necessarily better for fps games (you have to now concentrate on looking at a larger screen area) and also that IPS just isn't as responsive as TN (especially since I overclocked my TN panel to 72Hz which is easy to do with Nvidia GPUs). For me, I have a second 1080p TN panel (cheapest  second hand 1080p I could find) set up for dual screen so if I want to play COD (BO2 is only FPS I really play), I just switch the graphics settings to run everything on that display and away I go. Any other game I love to play on my Asus though.

i dont know if im correct on this but my AOC monitor has a 5ms responsetime and the Asus pb278Q has the same would that mean it would be exactly the same? cause then im already used to that i suppose? correct me if i am wrong though.

i dont know if im correct on this but my AOC monitor has a 5ms responsetime and the Asus pb278Q has the same would that mean it would be exactly the same? cause then im already used to that i suppose? correct me if i am wrong though.

No response time is a measure of how quickly a pixel can change from one value to another. This value is a metric for screen ghosting (which is kinda like output lag), not input lag. The two are often confused. There is no metric for input lag given in most specs. You will find some more info on sites like TFTCentral. They measure the input lag themselves by comparing it to monitors that have little or no input lag (old ass CRT monitors). By using high speed cameras to record both screens at the same time you can see which screen reacts to inputs first.

No response time is a measure of how quickly a pixel can change from one value to another. This value is a metric for screen ghosting (which is kinda like output lag), not input lag. The two are often confused. There is no metric for input lag given in most specs. You will find some more info on sites like TFTCentral. They measure the input lag themselves by comparing it to monitors that have little or no input lag (old ass CRT monitors). By using high speed cameras to record both screens at the same time you can see which screen reacts to inputs first.

ahh okay. im really confused what to go for now.. one the one hand i would love to have a 1440p monitor but on the other hand i want to have a responsive one and fitting two monitors into the budget is just not durable for me also considering i move very often from my mom to dad that would completly wreck me having to move two monitors instead of one. i feel undecided now..

ahh okay. im really confused what to go for now.. one the one hand i would love to have a 1440p monitor but on the other hand i want to have a responsive one and fitting two monitors into the budget is just not durable for me also considering i move very often from my mom to dad that would completly wreck me having to move two monitors instead of one. i feel undecided now..

Maybe you should get some other opinions on it. I don't want to influence your decision to much with my bias. Create a new thread with a title "Counterstrike/FPS games on Asus/Dell 27" 1440P IPS monitors - input lag?". You need to be very descriptive in order to get the best possible answers.