No boot device found

Mineterria

I have a HP Pavilion 500-006a desktop with an OS issue. The error message is "No boot device found". 

I've tried pressing all keyboard combinations including F12, but nothing. 

Please help. :(

Apparently you need to mash F10 repeatedly on startup to get into the BIOS, once in there look and see if you can see a boot manager to see if your hard drive is a boot option.

Go to the BIOS and see your boot device order, mash DEL or F10 repeatedly(motherboards may vary BIOS buttons) at startup

See whats going on, if nothing is detected get inside your case and make sure everything is strapped in. If every cable is fine and good then i think its your HDD. I hope you backed everything up before this happened

EDIT: Oh Prebuilt computers, you make me laugh all the time

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Also, quite common mistake, make sure that you don't have any USB flash drives plugged in that the computer may be trying to boot from. Had to save some users in a conference room yesterday at work that called in a panic because they couldn't start the computer because the guy who was going to be presenting had plugged in his flash drive then started the computer.

If that's not it then yeah, 9/10 it's your HDD that's crashed.

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, i5 4690k, Noctua NH-D15, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz CL9, MSI GTX780 3GB Twin Frozr, XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 850W

SteelSeries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Black, Mionix Naos, Razer Destructor, Creative GigaWorks T20 2.0 BUILD LINK

Thanks everyone! I've looked at my BIOS, nothing wrong. My HDD must have crashed then. 

EDIT: Oh Prebuilt computers, you make me laugh all the time

I know, I was so ignorant when I bought it. Should have spent my money on a custom.

Also, like I said in the other topic here at the top, try a live CD, like Ubuntu Live CD or anything similar, a lightweight OS on a flashdrive, great way to be certain of what's wrong. Also try HiRen boot cd, great tool for diagnosing harddrives and doing system checks and stuff :)

Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, i5 4690k, Noctua NH-D15, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz CL9, MSI GTX780 3GB Twin Frozr, XFX ProSeries XXX Edition 850W

SteelSeries 6Gv2 Cherry MX Black, Mionix Naos, Razer Destructor, Creative GigaWorks T20 2.0 BUILD LINK

I would first open the case and try unplugging the hard drive and plugging it back in.