SSD Bare drive or Desktop Kit?

TopazBrandon

I'm building my first PC and the bare drive is cheaper, but with no cords that come with it how does it work? Someone said your motherboard provides the cods for an SSD.

CPU: i7 4790k -  CPU Cooler: Corsair H60  -  Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 5  -  Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB (Military green)  -  Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Samsung 840 EVO 120GB  -  GPU: GTX 780 Ti SC ACX  -  Case: Corsair C70 (Military Green)  -  PSU: Corsair RM850w Gold  -  OD: LG Blue-ray  -  OS: Windows 10  -  Monitor: AOC 29" Ultra Wide

I'm building my first PC and the bare drive is cheaper, but with no cords that come with it how does it work? Someone said your motherboard provides the cods for an SSD.

You only need the desktop kit if your case has no 2.5" mounts. Honestly it's an SSD, if you don't have 2.5" mounts you could just leave the SSD hanging 

Yes motherboards come with SATA cables

"Rawr XD"

Your motherboard provides SATA cables. (Usually 2)

And most Drives are bare...

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Your motherboard provides the SATA connectors for the drives. Your PSU provides the power needed to run the drives.

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

Just get the bare drive. I have a couple 2.5" to 3.5" drive adapters (is that what you call them?) and I've never used them. As people have already mentioned, SATA cables come with your motherboard, and power cables come from your PSU.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

CPU: i7 4790k -  CPU Cooler: Corsair H60  -  Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 5  -  Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB (Military green)  -  Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Samsung 840 EVO 120GB  -  GPU: GTX 780 Ti SC ACX  -  Case: Corsair C70 (Military Green)  -  PSU: Corsair RM850w Gold  -  OD: LG Blue-ray  -  OS: Windows 10  -  Monitor: AOC 29" Ultra Wide

most every drive is bare and unless u buy a 15 dollar mobo u get cables [and yes there are $15 Am1 mobos brand new from gigabyte]

most every drive is bare and unless u buy a 15 dollar mobo u get cables [and yes there are $15 Am1 mobos brand new from gigabyte]

My uncle bought one.

It comes with two SATA cables.

Where I am a SATA cable at the store is 6 bucks, so you're pretty much getting a free mobo

"Rawr XD"

You only need the desktop kit if your case has no 2.5" mounts.

That depends on brand/model. My HyperX 3K base kit came with adapter. Which I didn't need as my case already had adapter for 2.5'' to 3.5'' to 5.25''. I understand that some Samsung models come only with screws. Most desktop bundles have cloning software etc. included. That's the main difference.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv