Razer Deathadder With Scroll Wheel Not Functioning, Worth Buying?

HellaflushMcSwaggins

So I am close to buying this

http://olx.ro/oferta/vand-mouse-gaming-razer-ID1ZFCl.html#328b3debad
Razer Deathader, but the scroll wheel is not functioning, I have seen that this is a common problem for this mouse, and I found some tutorials on how to fix it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxtWswTt25o
, also it is relatively cheap(~$10), gotta ask the guy if the scroll wheel just rolls endlessly without stopping or it's just  rolling normally, but does not register.Is it worth it to buy this mouse?Also, if it's just  rolling normally, but does not register, can I replace the scroll thing that the wheel goes into?
encoderDriven_mid.jpg

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

if you can get it cheap enough and its fully functioning why not... razer make decent products but they are just overpriced 

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

if you can get it cheap enough and its fully functioning why not... razer make decent products but they are just overpriced 

Not if you buy them second hand, I got my Razer Moray's for ~$15 instead of ~$60, also found a pair of Electra's for like $45 and a BlackWidow Ultimate for $70 instead of $150, or a normal BlackWidow for $45

Not if you buy them second hand, I got my Razer Moray's for ~$15 instead of ~$60, also found a pair of Electra's for like $45 and a BlackWidow Ultimate for $70 instead of $150, or a normal BlackWidow for $45

The prices you are saying are second hand thats why i said if you can get them cheap enough.. because full price razer products are over priced

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

The prices you are saying are second hand thats why i said if you can get them cheap enough.. because full price razer products are over priced

Yeah, some of them are, but Roccat has overpriced peripherals too, or MadCatz/Cyborg.

Anything with the word gaming associated with it is overpriced.

Depends on how much you use the scroll wheel. If you're willing to accept the possibility of not being able to fix it I guess you should, it's not a bad price even if it's broken. You have to consider the fact that the previous owner might've already tried the solution from the video when the mouse first started presenting problems.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Razer Deathader, but the scroll wheel is not functioning, I have seen that this is a common problem for this mouse, and I found some tutorials on how to fix it
, also it is relatively cheap(~$10), gotta ask the guy if the scroll wheel just rolls endlessly without stopping or it's just  rolling normally, but does not register.Is it worth it to buy this mouse?Also, if it's just  rolling normally, but does not register, can I replace the scroll thing that the wheel goes into?
encoderDriven_mid.jpg

If you are able to fix it, even if it's kind of clumsy, it'll definitely be worth your $10. A working Deathadder is amazing, in my opinion.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Getting it on monday/tuesday if the shipping is cheap.

The more important question here is are you ok with buying a mouse with the scroll wheel not working?

so i had this issue, inside the mouse there is a little (useless clip that holds the wire inplace, any force causes it to unclip and the wire goes under the scroll wheel. this possibly happened, its super easy to fix and took me about 5 minutes. go for it but im not sure its the best mouse in my opinion, gets grimy real quick and im not keen on the shape. anyway good luck