4k GPU

6010fd12
Alright so I have a 4k surround monitor setup and it's all being powered by 2 MSI GTX 780 lightning in SLI. Most games run smoothy on high settings that don't require much (Gmod on highest settings runs smoothly for examply) but games like dead rising 3 starts to choke if I put it on max. I want to know what gpu I should upgrade to in the near future to run 4k surround smoothly?

I was thinking somthing likw two titan blacks in sli or a titan z(even though it's not designed for gaming)

Thank you.

dual 780tis or a R9 295x2

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Wait for 900 series for the love of god. Best option by the distance from here to Pluto.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

dual 780tis or a R9 295x2

Probably 780ti's I want to stay away from amd graphics cards.

Wait for 900 series for the love of god. Best option by the distance from here to Pluto.

Probably but that is so far away.

They're probably announcing them on the 18th. I would wait until then before spending any money. Just what I would do though.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Stay away from amd graphics why might I ask ? perhaps the cost/benefit is to great ?

Either 295x2, or 2x TitanBlacks, 

or wait for 900 series but I still think think the two cards I just mentioned would probably be better if you can get over fanboyism 2x780tis might work but Vram might be a limitation... also remember with 295x2 you can get an extra 290x for 3 gpus and still cost less than the titan black pair...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

dead rising 3 is terribly optimized and garry's mod can be run on a toaster

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Stay away from amd graphics why might I ask ? perhaps the cost/benefit is to great ?

I just prefer nvidia over amd and I use shadowplay a lot. I know that amd is coming up with their own recording addon but I just prefer nvidia.

Either 295x2, or 2x TitanBlacks, 

or wait for 900 series but I still think think the two cards I just mentioned would probably be better if you can get over fanboyism 2x780tis might work but Vram might be a limitation... also remember with 295x2 you can get an extra 290x for 3 gpus and still cost less than the titan black pair...

Yup, I was thinking that the titan blacks would probably do it.

To be honest, the hardware we have available now isn't really capable of running everything maxed at 4K surround resolutions.  The best you can do right now is throw in a few titan blacks or 290x, keep an eye on vram utilazation in the games you play.

If I were you I would wait for upcomming graphics cards before upgrading.

To be honest, the hardware we have available now isn't really capable of running everything maxed at 4K surround resolutions.  The best you can do right now is throw in a few titan blacks or 290x, keep an eye on vram utilazation in the games you play.

If i were you I would wait for upcomming graphics cards before upgrading.

Shit I just realized that a titan black only has 1 display port

EDIT: OMG even the titan z has only one display port per card.

290x also only has 1 DP!!!!

I just prefer nvidia over amd and I use shadowplay a lot. I know that amd is coming up with their own recording addon but I just prefer nvidia.

So lets be real here. ... You prefer to pay more to nvidia and get ... LESS performance for a feature that was always free anyway. I will say that for screen recording AMD FX CPU and GPU do exceed lintel/nvidia by magnitudes.

So lets be real here. ... You prefer to pay more to nvidia and get ... LESS performance for a feature that was always free anyway. I will say that for screen recording AMD FX CPU and GPU do exceed lintel/nvidia by magnitudes.

Something that was always there? How so? Also give me examples of how AMD FX is better at screen recording.

Something that was always there? How so? Also give me examples of how AMD FX is better at screen recording.

Due to the multi thread beast that is the FX 8350/20 it handles screen recording and gameplay better with an almost non existent hit to framerate while recording real time game play.

Get R9 295x2, best 4K card atm. Better than SLI 780Ti's.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Get R9 295x2, best 4K card atm. Better than SLI 780Ti's.

Shit, thats a lot of mini displayports but, thank god it has so man mini displayports. :D

I will have to look into that. Can you send me a video or something with benchmarks of the R9 295x2 running 4k surround.

Shit, thats a lot of mini displayports but, thank god it has so man mini displayports. :D

I will have to look into that. Can you send me a video or something with benchmarks of the R9 295x2 running 4k surround.

Actually I was fucking around to get I/O to like my comment just to prove he easily takes the fanboy bait. 780Ti's shit all over the others. I'm talking about my classifieds, don't give a damn about others.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

You can search the whole interwebs and will most likely not find any 4k surround benchmarks. http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review,17.html That's the best you're gonna get, so you're looking at maybe 40% of the frame rates at surround, assuming 4GB is enough for that high resolution (which it most likely won't be)

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

Actually I was fucking around to get I/O to like my comment just to prove he easily takes the fanboy bait. 780Ti's shit all over the others. I'm talking about my classifieds, don't give a damn about others.

So your baiting now ? Well good for you and your troll 780s. Sorry to bust your fanboy bubble but the 295x2 is cheaper and performs as well if not better due to shitty scaling on nvidia muti GPUs so there's that. Classifieds are always a waste of money and resources.

So your baiting now ? Well good for you and your troll 780s. Sorry to bust your fanboy bubble but the 295x2 is cheaper and performs as well if not better due to shitty scaling on nvidia muti GPUs so there's that. Classifieds are always a waste of money and resources.

You lost me completely on your last sentence. Have you ever put classies under water and tested their limits? Why are you talking out of your ass?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Fanboy level: over 9000

Yup, I was thinking that the titan blacks would probably do it.

2 of them will do 2160p better than 2 780s but I still reccomend going AMD for 2160p currently its just plain the better solution  and much better for the money... And there's not only game dvr which is AMD's equivalent of shadow play there's also many other ways to record things

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

You lost me completely on your last sentence. Have you ever put classies under water and tested their limits? Why are you talking out of your ass?

Water cooling ... talk about the biggest waste of money. Have fun with running 3Dmark !

295x2 comes with its own watercooler AND is a lot cheaper than two 780ti.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Water cooling ... talk about the biggest waste of money. Have fun with running 3Dmark !

Here we go again... Oh I/O, you never cease to entertain me...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Here we go again... Oh I/O, you never cease to entertain me...

the only thing that will tangibly pull ahead with nvidia is synthetic benchmarks cause nvidia owns them all or paid them off. Just like with bioshock 3 it's an AMD gaming Evolved title but nvidia paid off everyone involved just to market themselves. Shame on nvidia and AMD and the makers of bioshock 3. nvidia has marketing gimmicks AMD has shit that just works.