Dedicated physx gpu?

AgentSoo7
Go to solution Solved by SovietOnion,

I would say throw your GPU up on a few sale sites but if it doesn't go just keep it in the rig

http://www.volnapc.com/all-posts/how-much-difference-does-a-dedicated-physx-card-make

PhysX setups can sometimes be pretty temperamental.  

I have recently upgraded my gtx  660 with a 770. Should I keep the 660 as a dedicated physx card?     

As long as your power supply can handle it, sure.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I would say throw your GPU up on a few sale sites but if it doesn't go just keep it in the rig

http://www.volnapc.com/all-posts/how-much-difference-does-a-dedicated-physx-card-make

PhysX setups can sometimes be pretty temperamental.  

Can't sell it unfortunately, lost the box that it came in ages ago. I'll do some testing of my own but thanks for the info. 

Can't sell it unfortunately, lost the box that it came in ages ago. I'll do some testing of my own but thanks for the info. 

Just sell it without the box lol. 

You don't need the box to sell it.

Just put it in an anti-static bag and another box.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You don't need the box to sell it.

Just put it in an anti-static bag and another box.

Hmm I might. l'll benchmark it first :)

It actually makes a pretty big difference as long as your game uses physx

boarderlands 2 for instance

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

It actually makes a pretty big difference as long as your game uses physx

boarderlands 2 for instance

Cool. I'm gonna keep it for now.

Cool. I'm gonna keep it for now.

I gotta warn you, though. I would only sell the GPU to someone you know or is on a forum like this. I sold my GTX 560ti when I got a 670 and the guy sent it back saying it didn't work. Cost me £14 in posting and when I put it in my bros PC it worked fine.

Also, If you intend to keep your 660 make sure your PSU is good enough. I would make sure the brand is reputable and has enough AMPs on the right rails for it. (It should need 2 rails @ 15 amps MINIMUM.)

P.S. I have never had a use for PhysX cards. Planetside 2 showed next to no slowdown with PhysX turned on.

Although that game was severely CPU-limited.

I gotta warn you, though. I would only sell the GPU to someone you know or is on a forum like this. I sold my GTX 560ti when I got a 670 and the guy sent it back saying it didn't work. Cost me £14 in posting and when I put it in my bros PC it worked fine.

That's your personal f up. I would have told the shipper to RTS "return to sender".

That's your personal f up. I would have told the shipper to RTS "return to sender".

I finally agree with I/O on something!

If you ebay it you can sell it as is no refund/returns. You should of sent it back.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

No idea how that works or if it was applicable to land parsels but if you say so. It was still annoying to not get my £70 for an illegal reason.

If you ebay it you can sell it as is no refund/returns. You should of sent it back.

I didn't know that. Damn.

Also, If you intend to keep your 660 make sure your PSU is good enough. I would make sure the brand is reputable and has enough AMPs on the right rails for it. (It should need 2 rails @ 15 amps MINIMUM.)

P.S. I have never had a use for PhysX cards. Planetside 2 showed next to no slowdown with PhysX turned on.

Although that game was severely CPU-limited.

My 1000W CM Silent Pro is more than enough I think ;)

No idea how that works or if it was applicable to land parsels but if you say so. It was still annoying to not get my £70 for an illegal reason.

I didn't know that. Damn.

Wise men learn from their mistakes. In the end did you have to give the money back that you received for the 560ti ? This seems weird to me.

Wise men learn from their mistakes. In the end did you have to give the money back that you received for the 560ti ? This seems weird to me.

I did, the person I sold it to claimed it to be faulty as his PC did not turn on when the card was in it. That means under Uk law i have to refund him/her

I've got a GTX 750 Ti doing dedicated PhysX for my GTX 770. Works wonders in Borderlands 2 and Batman: Arkham City. I think Assassin's Creed IV still isn't working right for PhysX since it shows essentially 0% usage on the 750 Ti during play. It's a hit or miss. BTW: the GTX 750 Ti is running at PCIe 2 4X, doesn't appear to bottleneck. Reason being is I'm using an ASUS Sabertooth Z77 which support only 2 PCIe 3 16X slots (8X in SLI).

The Batcomputer: Case Corsair 760T, CPU Intel 3770k, GPU 2x GTX 980 Hybrid SLI, Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Memory 16GB GSkill Sniper 1866mhz, HDD 4 TB, SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, CPU Cooler Corsair H80i, PSU Corsair 860W 

I have recently upgraded my gtx  660 with a 770. Should I keep the 660 as a dedicated physx card?     

I'd sell it but if you really want to keep the card then I don't see why not :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all. i just got a gtx 780 and am wondering if i can use my old old geforce 8800 gts 512 as a dedicated physx card. i know the 8800 gts can do physx but is it powerful enough to help my new gtx 780? i know i may have to test it. just hoping someone had any experience using rely old cards as dedicated physx cards?

thank you

hi all. i just got a gtx 780 and am wondering if i can use my old old geforce 8800 gts 512 as a dedicated physx card. i know the 8800 gts can do physx but is it powerful enough to help my new gtx 780? i know i may have to test it. just hoping someone had any experience using rely old cards as dedicated physx cards?

thank you

No idea mate :(

Linus you realy do have the answer for every thing. you guys are too awesome.