GT 840M

LukaP

Is it any good for 900p casual gaming? 

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No unless you mean MOBA is casual gaming.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

casual meaning like World of tanks? then yeah it should be fine

You actually need a little better than that for WoT maxxed out.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

i meant bf2, ksp and stuff like that ;) i dont game much really. 

also, anyone tried rendering on it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

You actually need a little better than that for WoT maxxed out.

obviously but if you turn down some filters the 840 can do it no problem i used to run the game on an old X1300 and x600 lol

It should be. Guys, 840M is a bit more powerful than you think. It can run nearly all modern games (even BF4 AFAIK) in at least 720p and varying detail settings.

For casual gaming: yeah, it's plenty. Even for some... a bit more demanding games.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

i meant bf2, ksp and stuff like that ;) i dont game much really. 

also, anyone tried rendering on it

BF2?

I assume you mean BF2:PR because PR and FH2 are the only things that make BF2 worth playing.

Those are easily maxxed out but it depends on your cpu. On the 100p servers with 4km maps it really helps to have haswell cpu clocked above 3.5ghz.

BF2?

I assume you mean BF2:PR because PR and FH2 are the only things that make BF2 worth playing.

Those are easily maxxed out but it depends on your cpu.

yeah its pr. 

also, since im a gamedev on unreal4, it should run that decently right?

Is it any good for 900p casual gaming? 

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-840M.105681.0.html

should be fine

what laptop are you looking at? and what does it cost

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Check this out?

EDIT: Ninja'd by @ShadowCaptain

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

should be fine

what laptop are you looking at? and what does it cost

dell inspiron 5748 iirc. ill get it for 600€ over 2 years

Check this out?

EDIT: Ninja'd by @ShadowCaptain

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nothing new there :P I mean I command the shadows

dell inspiron 5748 iirc. ill get it for 600€ over 2 years

hmm not too bad I suppose, I would help look but not sure where you can buy from

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nothing new there :P I mean I command the shadows

hmm not too bad I suppose, I would help look but not sure where you can buy from

well im getting it from the ISP as some promotion for their "loyal customers" or something xD its either this, or a low end HP one with an i3M and HD4400

well im getting it from the ISP as some promotion for their "loyal customers" or something xD its either this, or a low end HP one with an i3M and HD4400

What cpu? KSP can't run on multiple cores IIRC

Also KSP = NOT casual gaming

What cpu? KSP can't run on multiple cores IIRC

its a 3.1GHz 15W haswell i7u with 2c/4t

its a 3.1GHz 15W haswell i7u with 2c/4t

Oh OK, you should be fine then, just don't stick to many solar panels everywhere

Oh OK, you should be fine then, just don't stick to many solar panels everywhere

im a sensible builder. ;)

(actually no, my most humble interplanetary ship was 76 stages xD

im a sensible builder. ;)

(actually no, my most humble interplanetary ship was 76 stages xD

My first spaceplane had 10 stages of droptanks and engines along with SRBs for take off. Still couldn't get it into a stable orbit :(

My first spaceplane had 10 stages of droptanks and engines along with SRBs for take off. Still couldn't get it into a stable orbit :(

wtf, pretty much anything with a dV of more than 4000m/s can get into a stable LKO

wtf, pretty much anything with a dV of more than 4000m/s can get into a stable LKO

Yeah, but the stock drag was so high, I just use the aerospike and reaction wheels now, I find it hard to justify the rapier engines efficiency against them

Yeah, but the stock drag was so high, I just use the aerospike and reaction wheels now, I find it hard to justify the rapier engines efficiency against them

i reccomend the mainsail for atmospheric manouvers, and the nuclear one for space ;)

also, any reccomendations for a cheap, QUIET laptop stand/cooler?

i reccomend the mainsail for atmospheric manouvers, and the nuclear one for space ;)

also, any reccomendations for a cheap, QUIET laptop stand/cooler?

Yep I have detachable engines in orbit using docking ports xD

I use the cheap 5 fan laptop coolers from eBay TBH they have a basic enough job to do and can't see why to go premium since most are knock offs anyway

Yep I have detachable engines in orbit using docking ports xD

I use the cheap 5 fan laptop coolers from eBay TBH they have a basic enough job to do and can't see why to go premium since most are knock offs anyway

i cant dock. for shit xD

do you have any links? i dont want it to fall apart after a month...