Windows Server 2008 R2

NinjaEwok

Hey guys

I have a little problem. After I install Windows Server 2008, the comptuer will randomly restart and BOOTMGR will somehow die...

I'm really stumped and I'd appreciate a hand :D

Cacti, not cactuses. 

Could you post a picture of that or something because i've seen a lot of bootmgr missing, but never dying.. i'm kind of stumped myself.. :D What is the server your using? Some server motherboards have a complicated setup process you dont want to forget or you might have these kind of problems. Are you sure your using updated drivers? You might be having a power supply or a excess heat issue you should check that as well.

Do you have a valid license key entered? I've seen a bad key or no key end up causing reboots/shutdowns.

If you got it installed and it rebooted once it should be good to go unless there's something wrong, but the even logs should list out why it is rebooting.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Did you install this OS with another drive attached to the system? The Boot Manager manages all drives and has a record of what drive Windows is on. It has a habit of installing the boot manager to the first drive in the system (Drive 0 or SATA port 0) and if that drive is removed and tries to boot, it'll show this message even if your Windows drive is still connected to the system. A good rule of thumb is always try keep the only hard drive you wish to install Windows on connected and that's it. Once you are booted to the desktop, then you plug in your other drives.