Call of duty graphics - BS detected?

Matthew12106

So this is just something I've been wondering. So the call of duty people apparently say that they don't have the best graphics because they strive to get 60fps across all platforms. Why can't they just make OK graphics for the console and than make good graphics for the pc with the ability to turn down the graphics so people with  lower end stuff can still get 60 fps. Is what they are saying just BS? 

My Gaming Setup: CPU: AMD FX-8350  |  CoolingCooler Master Hyper 212 Evo   Motherboard: Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0   Ram: Corsair 16gb 1600mhz lp (2x8)   GPU: Msi Gtx 970 |  StorageSeagate Barracuda 1tb & Samsung 840 Evo 120gb   PSU: XFX 550w Core Edition   Case: Corsair 760t   OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit  

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry Mx Brown   Mouse: Corsair M65 Black   Speakers: Microlab FC20 40w 2.1   Monitor: LG 29UM65 29" 2560x1080 IPS 5ms Ultra Wide

that would make the console versions look like shit compared to PC and they dont want that, they want people to think that the consoles are amazing

yep

that would make the console versions look like shit compared to PC and they dont want that, they want people to think that the consoles are amazing

Took the words right out of my mouth. Along with my tongue. Give it back.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

So this is just something I've been wondering. So the call of duty people apparently say that they don't have the best graphics because they strive to get 60fps across all platforms. Why can't they just make OK graphics for the console and than make good graphics for the pc with the ability to turn down the graphics so people with lower end stuff can still get 60 fps. Is what they are saying just BS?

One thing I have always wondered is when you are looking at benchmarks, with a card like a 780 ti you are getting like 65-70 fps on ultra in cod ghosts. But then you get 100-120 fps in BF4 on ultra. BF4 is a much better looking game and should be munch harder to run due to the size of the maps and how much is going on. So why is COD so hard to run?

Took the words right out of my mouth. Along with my tongue. Give it back.

no :ph34r:

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

One thing I have always wondered is when you are looking at benchmarks, with a card like a 780 ti you are getting like 65-70 fps on ultra in cod ghosts. But then you get 100-120 fps in BF4 on ultra. BF4 is a much better looking game and should be munch harder to run due to the size of the maps and how much is going on. So why is COD so hard to run?

Two words, poor optimization.

COD is not as optimized

Mind not stealing my words brah?

Call of Duty is (If I remember correctly) the biggest selling point for console. Which could be considered a good thing, if the people who play CoD would stay on CoD and not come and ruin other games like they have in battlefield.

#butthurtbattlefieldfan

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i've noticed that trend ever since the "next-gen" consoles came out. i wonder what it's gonna take to get these developers to wise up and actually put some effort into their games?

probably never, because of the sales they bring, and that's all they listen to.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

That's a problem with Ghosts.

Black Ops 2 on the other hand runs amazing while looking exactly the same:

CODBO2_01.png

RTX2070OC 

Call of duty ghosts is still using the old Idtech 3 game engine from 1999, although it has been heavily modified by Infinity Ward over the years. Infinity Ward call it the IW6 game engine. It is very old now, and because of the massive amount of modifications and bloat added to the game engine over the years; it runs like crap now. The Frostbyte engine used in the newer Battlefield games is far newer, and it just runs better ( well when Dice can be bothered to finish making the BF games via updates that is).

^^^^^ This

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|