Which of these 4 motherboards should i get?

Hey guys, im a new builder, im not sure which of these motherboards i should get, i manly want to use my pc for gaming.

I have built a few pc's though that was for a friend who had already bought the parts and he just needed help putting it together.

1.ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M

2.MSI Z77A-G45

3.Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H

4.ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

What's the CPU you're planning on putting on it? The P8Z68 doesn't support 3rd generation Intel CPU's so things like the 3570K won't work.

Z68 fully supports 3rd gen cpu's, you just need to update the bios. But why don't you list as an option an Asus P8Z77-V Pro insted? That or a Z77 Sabertooth would be my choices, btw...

Im planning on using the Core i5 I5-3570K 6 MB, i might change it to the Core i7 I7-3770K 8 MB.

Z68 fully supports 3rd gen cpu's, you just need to update the bios. But why don't you list as an option an Asus P8Z77-V Pro insted? That or a Z77 Sabertooth would be my choices, btw...
That's not what the Asus website says..

What's the CPU you're planning on putting on it? The P8Z68 doesn't support 3rd generation Intel CPU's so things like the 3570K won't work.

If you visit the ASUS Website

http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P8Z68V_PROGEN3/#support_CPU

You'll find that the revision 'E1' of the Z68-V Pro will support Ivy Bridge processors

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

I chose these motherboards because they fit my price range.

Any p8-z77 from ASUS is good IMO i use the V-LE, wish i had picked a better color board but oh well it gets the job done

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

What's the point in getting a P8Z68? Get yourself a P8Z77. I personally use a P8Z77-LK.

#1, #2 and instead of #4 (ASUS P8Z77). Can't go wrong. I'd go with ASUS because I prefer their motherboards though.

Check if the P8Z77-V (non Pro) fits your budget...

What's the point in getting a P8Z68? Get yourself a P8Z77. I personally use a P8Z77-LK.

#1, #2 and instead of #4 (ASUS P8Z77). Can't go wrong. I'd go with ASUS because I prefer their motherboards though.

What are the differences between the P8Z68 and the P8Z77.

Newer chipset, with longer support. Native support for usb 3.0, etc...

There are quite a few P8Z77-V, though only the LX and the LX2 are within my budget.

What are the differences between the P8Z68 and the P8Z77.

A simple google search could of answered that. http://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2012/04/12/z68-z77-and-h77-whats-the-difference/ this link will explain it to you better than I.

thanks, will check.

Newer chipset' date=' with longer support. Native support for usb 3.0, etc...[/quote']

Definitely worth spending the money for a Z77 chipset :) P8Z77-LK is my board, cheapest P8Z77 board available ~$125 and overclocks exceptionally. Oc'd to 4.2 easily can go higher but im too lazy to stabilize :p

Thank you guys for your quick responses to my question, out of my 4 choices, i might cut it down to 2 motherboards and keep the P8Z77-LK as an exception, in case i decide to go for it.

The two cards i decided to go with are the,

1.ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M

2.MSI Z77A-G45

​I have been reading reviews on both these motherboards and both seem equally good. I will be using my with pc hopefully two graphics cards, gtx 660 sli.

Do i have to be worried about anything related to these motherboards?

If you are going to be doing SLI for sure, I would pick the MSI board over the ASRock one purely because it is not mATX. With the MSI board, you will have an extra slot of space between video cards, leaving the top one much more breathing room and improving airflow which the ASRock board would not allow simply because of the small form factor. Plus, you would still have room to add more stuff in the future like a sound card if you wanted.

Good luck with your build!

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

Thanks guys for you responses, i have decided to go with the MSI Z77A-G45 since it is in budget and there is more room to add more stuff.

Thank you guys for your help.

I love msi motherboards, they overclock well and last a very long go with the Gd 45

You should go with asrock z77 or giabyte z77 you named... newer chipset than that asus z68... either one of those two, you wont make a mistake... ;)