Dell Releases a 27" 5K monitor...4K is outdated

PokémonTrainerFour

Dell announced its aptly named Dell UltraSharp 27 Ultra HD 5K Monitor on Thursday, which—you guessed it—is a 27-inch PC monitor with a resolution of 5120x2880. Yes, you read that right: It's a 5K monitor. Dell's display packs the equivalent of 14.7 megapixels, compared to the approximately 8.3MP found in a standard 3840x2160 4K monitor, and seven times the resolution of a typical 1080p display. That's a lot of pixels. And at 218 pixels-per-inch, Dell's monitor packs pixel density comparable to a MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Dell's press release for the 5K monitor isn't too detailed, saying only that it will include a pair of 16W Harmon Kardon speakers, Dell's PremierColor technology, a media card reader, and six USB ports. So how will all the pretty pictures get from your PC to the display itself? Maximum PC got some hands-on time with the monitor and reports that it needs two, yes two, DisplayPort 1.2 connections for full fidelity.

The monitor will be on sale soon for $2,500 USD.

dell-5k-monitor-100412433-large.png

Holy balls, we just keep pushing, don't we?

The world isn't even ready for 4K, and Dell feels we need 5K, wow. Double the pixels, Double the fun am I right?

If you're a PPI whore, this is the monitor for you, ultra sharp images, say goodbye to seeing pixels.

Also, Dell needed a high end Quadro to even power this monitor, if you hoped to buy this.

ONWARD TO 10K

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Repost. Already featured in latest WAN show.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

oh dear lord i'm stupid

It's okay. ;)

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I just realized this is 4x 1440p.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit