Cooler Master Nepton 280L clearance in cases

Hey guys, I wanted to get a CM nepton 280l, but was not sure if it would fit in the corsair 450d as the corsair h105 has issues in that case. I want to top mount it in the 450d so what do you guys think? If you have any suggestions for any other good quality cases with high air flow that would be great. Also i could just go full tower but they usually cost abit more. 

Here is the build , 4790k, asus z97-a, saphire r9 290 tri-x, evga supernova g2 750. Obviously plan to overclock.

thanks

Hey guys, I wanted to get a CM nepton 280l, but was not sure if it would fit in the corsair 450d as the corsair h105 has issues in that case. I want to top mount it in the 450d so what do you guys think? If you have any suggestions for any other good quality cases with high air flow that would be great. Also i could just go full tower but they usually cost abit more. 

Here is the build , 4790k, asus z97-a, saphire r9 290 tri-x, evga supernova g2 750. Obviously plan to overclock.

thanks

For high airflow. You could check out the 540 Air. I know the Nepton 280L fits in that one. It should also fit in the 450D according to the Corsair tech specs.

Radiator mount locations: top 240/280/360

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

For high airflow. You could check out the 540 Air. I know the Nepton 280L fits in that one. It should also fit in the 450D according to the Corsair tech specs.

Radiator mount locations: top 240/280/360

Ok thanks, I was just worried because i remember in linuses review the top fan mounts were really close to the mobo. the radiator is 30 mm thick and the fans are 25mm making it 55mm thick in total. The fact that the h110 which is 54mm thick in total (29mm rad and 25 fan) is compatable with the 450d proves it shouldnt be a problem. 1mm diff should mean anything

Thanks again!

Ok thanks, I was just worried because i remember in linuses review the top fan mounts were really close to the mobo. the radiator is 30 mm thick and the fans are 25mm making it 55mm thick in total. The fact that the h110 which is 54mm thick in total (29mm rad and 25 fan) is compatable with the 450d proves it shouldnt be a problem. 1mm diff should mean anything

Thanks again!

Happy to help. Don't worry I know the feeling. Still don't want to buy the Enthoo Pro until I know what rad thicknesses it can handle. That's also a good alternative to the 450D, if you haven't thought of it yet.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Happy to help. Don't worry I know the feeling. Still don't want to buy the Enthoo Pro until I know what rad thicknesses it can handle. That's also a good alternative to the 450D, if you haven't thought of it yet.

Ye i just watched a vid on it, looks really good. I also happen to come accord the corsair 760t and 750D both look awesome specially the 760t. 

I think its a pc builders paranoia to have every little inch of their build perfect. LOL 

Phanteks Enthoo Pro, i7-4790k, Asus Z97-AR, R9 290, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2.

The Enthoo Pro is only $100, comes with more features and better build quality than any other case at a similar price and can fit the Nepton. It has 65mm of clearance from the top of the case to the motherboard standoffs. The Nepton is 30 or 45mm? Plus a 25mm fan gives you plenty of room. You could even go triple 140 rad on the top because it is such a big case.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Phanteks Enthoo Pro, i7-4790k, Asus Z97-AR, R9 290, EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2.

The Enthoo Pro is only $100, comes with more features and better build quality than any other case at a similar price and can fit the Nepton. It has 65mm of clearance from the top of the case to the motherboard standoffs. The Nepton is 30 or 45mm? Plus a 25mm fan gives you plenty of room. You could even go triple 140 rad on the top because it is such a big case.

wow we have identical taste in our computer tech! The best parts for the best price. 

BTW, i did a psu calculation and my system with the same specs as you plus a liquid cooler (for overclocking) is coming up to 531, so i assumed 750 would be good. I am planning on getting the same evga but the 750. Any specific reason why your are chosing the 850, if you dont mind. If its just personal preference, or for future additions then thats cool.

wow we have identical taste in our computer tech! The best parts for the best price.

BTW, i did a psu calculation and my system with the same specs as you plus a liquid cooler (for overclocking) is coming up to 531, so i assumed 750 would be good. I am planning on getting the same evga but the 750. Any specific reason why your are chosing the 850, if you dont mind. If its just personal preference, or for future additions then thats cool.

Both the 750 and 850 are amazing PSUs, you can't go wrong with either. They are both on sale right now for great prices on NCIXUS, I recommend you buy it now before the price goes up. I got the 850 incase I want to go SLI in the future and because of the no-spin at less than 50% system load. 850 gives me a little bit more headroom for SLI. The 750 will be fine for 2 cards. At the Time of my purchase the 850 was the same price as the 750. Right now the 750 is $85 and the 850 is $95.

Also, look into the Luxe. I love my Pro to death but I kind of wish I got the Luxe instead. You can't go wrong with either.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Both the 750 and 850 are amazing PSUs, you can't go wrong with either. They are both on sale right now for great prices on NCIXUS, I recommend you buy it now before the price goes up. I got the 850 incase I want to go SLI in the future and because of the no-spin at less than 50% system load. 850 gives me a little bit more headroom for SLI. The 750 will be fine for 2 cards. At the Time of my purchase the 850 was the same price as the 750. Right now the 750 is $85 and the 850 is $95.

Also, look into the Luxe. I love my Pro to death but I kind of wish I got the Luxe instead. You can't go wrong with either.

the gtx 970 and 980 came out, and the 970 is lower power, less heat and performs 5-10% better already with such early drivers then the r9 290, and is cheaper, ALSO directx 12. I had the decided on the 290, but now looking at the 970 i am pretty convinced.  what do you think? I would also assume i could maybe buy another in a few months when they go abit cheaper, and they would run fine with my 750w evga psu. do you think the 970 would go cheaper on blakc fridya, cyber monday, boxing day etc, because i am pretty sure the 290 will. any thoughts?

the gtx 970 and 980 came out, and the 970 is lower power, less heat and performs 5-10% better already with such early drivers then the r9 290, and is cheaper, ALSO directx 12. I had the decided on the 290, but now looking at the 970 i am pretty convinced.  what do you think? I would also assume i could maybe buy another in a few months when they go abit cheaper, and they would run fine with my 750w evga psu. do you think the 970 would go cheaper on blakc fridya, cyber monday, boxing day etc, because i am pretty sure the 290 will. any thoughts?

Awesome, great thought process on that, I would do the exact same.  Buy a 970, and buy a 2nd at a later date.  Because of their lower power consumption a 750W will do just fine.

I wouldn't even consider the R9 290 anymore to be honest.  Black Friday will likely bring some lower prices, but they are already at such a great entry price, that it is hard to argue with paying $330 for such a powerful card.

Awesome, great thought process on that, I would do the exact same.  Buy a 970, and buy a 2nd at a later date.  Because of their lower power consumption a 750W will do just fine.

I wouldn't even consider the R9 290 anymore to be honest.  Black Friday will likely bring some lower prices, but they are already at such a great entry price, that it is hard to argue with paying $330 for such a powerful card.

exactly! Lets see what amd offers with there side. I just hope they release release within 2014 because i want all my parts and build the system before the end of the year. If amd doesnt i cant wait and will end up getting 970. The 970 is basically a 780 for 330, its making me want to buy it right now LOL.

exactly! Lets see what amd offers with there side. I just hope they release release within 2014 because i want all my parts and build the system before the end of the year. If amd doesnt i cant wait and will end up getting 970. The 970 is basically a 780 for 330, its making me want to buy it right now LOL.

I'm skeptical that AMD will offer anything that comes close to the performance of the 900s.  I really hope that they do because it will be the best case scenario for everyone, competition only drives innovation.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone tried to mount this cooler to a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2? Fractal's website say that it can fit a 240mm rad on top but doesn't say anything about a 280mm rad. Upon "visual" inspection of my case, it seems that the dual 140mm fan mounts on top could support a 280mm rad. It's also off-set away a bit from the motherboard tray, which is good (right?), so I don't understand why Fractal did not officially support a 280mm rad for this case.

I looked around the internet for a while and found this forum post:

http://www.overclock...0#post_22720157

But I'm still not sure. I don't want to end up modding my case. It's my first attempt for water cooling, so go easy on me.   ;)

Thanks in advance!