NZXT H440 SP or AF fans?

IAmBecomeLinus

Hello everyone, I'm planning a rig and I've come to a crossroads in terms of my fan selection for the case. Now first off, I'll be using a Kraken in the Case BUT thats not what this question is about, I'm already set on using Static Pressure fans on that. My issue is that the H440 seems to be lacking in free airflow. So I was either thinking of putting some High AF fans in the front of the case like you generally would on an intake fan or putting some Static Pressure optimized Noctua fans on the front seeing as the AF fans might have some issues pulling air through the H440's air grills.

Here's the fans I'd be using

Static Pressure:

Noctua NF-P14s redux-1200 64.9 CFM Fan  x5 (2 would be on the Rad, the rest on intake)

Air Flow:

BitFenix BFF-SPRO-P14025KK-RP 122.2 CFM Fan x3 

And I'd have like 1 Corsair AF 140 Quiet edition on the rear exhaust just so It can look pleasing with my Color scheme.

Here's my planned build if it'll help in any way:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NaturalCarr/saved/CYstt6

Ok, I'm an Idiot, I was checking the static pressure for every fan in sight except that BitFenix one to find out that It has a higher CFM & Air flow than the Noctuas @ a not so unreasonable noise level considering the performance (and the sound absorbing foam in the H440).

My bad everyone, I've wasted the time you spent reading this topic. I still would like to hear your opinions on this, though

I understand the logic of SP fans for the front grill as I recently made a similar decision with my Fractal Define Mini. Although the front grill looks restrictive, it's still not really lacking enough space to need SP fans. Well, in my case, I bought one SP and one AF series Corsair fan for the front grill. I decided AF was sufficient for the intakes, however because of the position of the front HDD cages, it was extremely limiting in the lower fan mounting position, so I bought an SP fan for that slot. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is - AF is fine, even with the little intakes, unless it's also blocked by other things, such as HDD cages, cables etc. One of each worked for me perfectly.

I've got the H630, so it's pretty similar to the H440, and my fronnt fans are air flow optimizied and it works fine. They really push a lot more air then SP fans. I think you could go with the Sp or the AF fans, but it really depends on what you want? Do you want to move alot of air, have a good airflow and don't have 4 or 5 HDD to cool? Go with the AF's elsewise go with the AP fans. I'm pretty happy with my setup in the H630: 2 200mm in the front, same in the top, dual ap 120 on the bottom and a af140 in the rear works perfect. ;)

If you are putting the fans at filtered places, obstructed by anything, go for SP fans.

I don't really see why going with AF fans over SP fans because it's impossible to have a case fan mounted somewhere that does not have any obstructions...

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon