To people that want the Xbox One to be pure gaming:

zomgzomg31

I agree that they are moving away from the gaming audience and moving into the home entertainment audience. The only problem with there strategy is, there are already big players in that industry, most of which can do better than the Xbox One in terms of it. For example, if you already own a smart TV, the entire concept of the Xbox One is rendered moot. You can have apps for netflix, hulu, pandora, HBO, web browsers etc etc that is neatly bundled with your TV and doesn't require a somewhat nice looking $500 box to be sitting next to it with a creepy always-on camera and microphone.

I believe Jim Sterling covered this topic fairly well: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7358-Xbox-One-out-of-Ten

I think this might be a problem for them. I saw a graph somewhere, it showed that after the Xbox One reveal that anticipation for it went down 9%, PS4 went up 6%, and 3% more stopped caring about future consoles. I'll start looking for the URL.

frankly any 1 who buys the xbox that has the always on spy cam drm is an idiot... the only way they can introduce this crap is if you are dumb enough to buy it...

but then again who ever accursed xbox owners of being smart... well the good news is they dont have to be. this time they aint gonna have any hidden issue with build quality. all the issues are right there in the open. its a corporate spy in your living room.

yeah i know thats dramatic. but really its nothing more than a drm system with entertainment thrown in to make you think its cool.

privacy may be hard to come by on the web but theres no reason you should invite that lack of, into your home.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

I dunno. All this talk about spying on your living room is a bit extreme. MS don't have the time or man power to do it, it's so alarmist.

PS4 and Xbox One really are targeted at different markets, all the extra features of the One are definitely a good thing. The PS4 is more powerful but I bet the end user experience is going to be that similar there'll be nothing in it, especially if your not comparing them side by side. More so when taking into account how they're going to go about porting games between the consoles considering the similar architecture.

i just want a console that doesnt need kinect and doesnt have to be on all the time for things like LANs (someone screaming xbox off, every xbox shuts off :/ playing on LAN you are most likely all connected to a 8 port switchs Kappa)

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel