How You Can Make Win 8 Work On A Desktop

I'm sure most of you might have heard of this but there may be some that never heard of this.

So I found the perfect way to have Windows 8 on your desktop and not have to use a touchscreen monitor.

https://www.leapmotion.com/

That is your answer. Use your Desktop like a Tablet. 

No need for a complex tablet to computer controller shizz, just plug it in and install the drivers and BAM.

(i dont work for these guys but its really cool)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

wow that's neat looking

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

I pre-odrered my Leap Motion ages ago. Still gonna use Win 7 though. Just more comfortable with it.

Pretty cool, but I feel like prolonged use would cause at least some fatigue.

Honestly, I'll always prefer a mouse.  The level of precision is something my fat fingers won't obtain, regardless of the quality of the sensor.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

This was in the news section, im going to get one after the launch reviews :3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I want one.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

i want one as well. just wondering if would work with multiple monitor or tv's

'How You Can Make Win 8 Work On A Desktop'

By installing Windows 7 :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

LeapMotion is no answer. It's a gimmick.

Windows 8, if you know how to use it, is amazing with keyboard and mouse. I, like many, prefer it over Win7. The only problem that Windows 8 has, is a steep learning curve, that requires an open mind to learn something new. That is all.

The real answer to Windows 8 and later on, is like the mouse when it was introduced.

When the mouse was introduced, it was bitched and moan by everyone. Command line was said to be the way of the future... you can't type with a mouse, and it's slower than typing a command! And with the push by Apple and Microsoft on GUI based OS, people thought it would be the end of the keyboard by forced. Long live Linux/Unix! it was said.

Well it ended up that OBVIOUSLY the keyboard is here to stay, and that the mouse just complimented the computer experience, and the mouse solved problems that the keyboard could not do, such as multitasking, and simplifying the computer usage to great extends, making complicated task, a simple click away.

I predict that the same thing will happen with touch and digitize pen support. Now, for those who don't know, a digitize pen, is the real deal. It's not the shitty pen you buy on your iPad. It's a precises pen, that feels like a normal, real, pen, with even pressure sensitivity tracking. This technology exists already. The Microsoft Surface Pro uses it, as well as all convertible laptop/tablet.

Let's have a look: What are some of the biggest limitation of keyboard and mouse:

-> You can't draw

-> You can't do graphs by sketching them.

-> You can't do math or physics easily and quickly

-> You can't take notes if they involve more than just basic text.

-> You can't do diagrams

-> You can't sign something

and more,

And for computer illiterate, you have a very hard time, let alone, need to develop motor skills, to move an objects which indirectly move another one on the screen (mouse moving the cursor is what I mean, and you have 2-3 button to use to navigate)

I see that in the near future, while the desktop space will shrink in market share, the desktop computer will still be alive and strong. The only people not using one, are those that essentially just web surf. Our monitors will change, thought. It will be a height-adjustable transformable monitor.. and I don't mean a tablet on a stand kinda thing.

Here me out:

Imagine a monitor, that is like yours. Height adjustable, up right, you can tilt, swivel, and all that. You still have your trusted keyboard and mouse. BUT, you can have your monitor, at a press of liver on the side, tilt, and slide over your keyboard, at a nice comfy angle where you can use touch, or digitize pen.

Basically, something like the Wacom Cintiq

What does is bring:

Not only is solves the mentioned problems listed, but it can also potentially help alleviate some heath problems related to computer usage, such as carpel tunnel syndrome and back problems.

Now you might say.. Cool GoodBytes, but those monitors cost a kidney or two. True, but the above is a professional grade product. A much less fancier version can be made, life change the pro grade monitor panel, or a high-end consumer level monitor, with options of lower end one. Remove the fancy buttons on the side. Remove the 27+ pressure level detection of the pen, and reduce it to a much lower level. All contributing in reducing the price of the device. If you look at the Surface Pro, the device, is only 1k with the digitize pen and touch screen support. And the digitize pen tracking is reviewed to be excellent. The monitor doesn't need battery, Core i5 processor, and all that... so the cost will not be much over a normal monitor we have today.

Moreover, it will bring new gaming experience to the PC that consoles can only dream about.

Imagine playing a strategy game, multiplayer with your friends, and you guy draw a strategy plan on a map thanks to a digitize pen, while the game loads or something in your FPS game? Or how about advance controlling options in a RTS game, by directing specific path to units? and I am sure that the creative mind of game devs will come up with more cool things with it.

So many possibility, and experiences will be open to professionals and gamer alike. And we still keep our keyboard and mouse.

What do you think?