Best Mouse / Mice?

TechBlitZ

Going to buy a new mouse in a few hours or so, they have a wide selection where I'm buying from but I'm still not sure which mouse to buy!

I currently have a CM storm Spawn - It's a very small claw grip, and while it feels very nice, the claw grip gives me cramp in my hand! :-/

So, I need a palm mouse, please list your favorite mouse below to give me some ideas!

I was thinking the Razer Mamba - I don't really have a budget

Best mice:

Razer Deathadder

Logitech G400

Razer Krait 2013

CM Storm Recon

Madcatz R.A.T. 3 (not the 5, 7 or 9 - different sensor).

Zowie AM

Zowie EC Evo

Krait 2013 might be too small to qualify as a palm mouse, though.

Best mice:

Razer Deathadder

Logitech G400

Razer Krait 2013

CM Storm Recon

Zowie AM

Zowie EC Evo

Do all those mice have 'good' sensors? I don't know much about mice =P

Best mice:

Razer Deathadder

Logitech G400

Razer Krait 2013

CM Storm Recon

Zowie AM

Zowie EC Evo

Indeed. They all use the A3090 except for the Razers, which use the S3988. Older Deathadders will use different sensors, but they're fine too...It's had a good lineage.

there is no "best" mouse, of course. It comes down to personal preference. I've got a G700 and a G600 that I both love, and a RAT7 that I'm less fond of.

If you want a palm mouse, I could highly reccomend the G700, btw. It can be wired and wireless, and it's not overpriced like the razer mamba. Or other razer stuff.

there is no "best" mouse, of course. It comes down to personal preference. I've got a G700 and a G600 that I both love, and a RAT7 that I'm less fond of.

If you want a palm mouse, I could highly reccomend the G700, btw. It can be wired and wireless, and it's not overpriced like the razer mamba. Or other razer stuff.

I partly disagree, because it's only partly personal preference. Positive and negative acceleration due to the sensor tend to be objectively bad, as does jitter and other such things. Build-quality is also objective.

As it is, all your mice are objectively less accurate than say, a G400. If the OP were to consider the G700 against the G400, the G700 would automatically start off on the back foot as the weighing of personal preference came in.

I've been told optical mice are supposed to be more accurate than laser ones, and how PS/2 keyboards are superior, and I do believe that that might indeed be true, I have not honestly felt a single difference in the history of ever in actual, practical, real world usage. It might be very slightly less accurate, but I haven't been able to feel the difference, and my game hasn't improved in the month that I used a gaming optical mouse as opposed to my laser mice. The only difference I noticed is my lack of nice macro software.

And yes, of course build quality is objective. But we were talking about what "the best mouse" is. ALL mice that could POSSIBLY qualify for that are obviously good mice and have good build quality and other traits like those as a result, so I kind of assumed that went without saying ,because build quality applies to everything ever made in the history of ever.

I do admit that the RAT7 that I have suffers from some very serious cases of jitter while my G700 so far has been rock solid.

I like the Razer Naga. I find the 12 extra buttons useful in a lot of games, not just MMOs. The extra side mounts in the Epic version are great, since you can pretty much find out that fits your grip style.

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500

Optical tends to be better than laser, but it depends on the sensor. The mere fact you used an optical mouse doesn't mean you should've seen a difference.

If you are a fps shooter, the Corsair M60 is a good choice. It has a braided cable and 7500dpi and adjustable weights. You can also turn the blue led on and off via the software.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

If you liked the storm spawn, then the Logitech G400, deathadder, Roccat Savu, Zowie EC Evo or Zowie AM would be a good choice. They all have the same acceleration and prediction free optical sensor in them. There's no reason to go for a LASER mouse if you don't mind the DPI that optical mice are limited to.

Also, more DPI does not mean more precision; it just allows you to increase the sensitivity. A DPI increase, on the same sensor, will result in a more jittery tracking, so if you can live with something like 1800 DPI, then don't go any higher.

Thanks guys=) Currently my CM spawn has 3500 dpi, which is 'Just' enough, so I think I want something a little higher:)

Trying to choose between a G700 and a Razer Naga 'Molten' atm:)