**Emergency** memory problem.

Tocsin_786

i was editing a video on sony vegas.  now when you edit, the software doesnt require as much memory as when you render. i also had a single chrome tab open, wasnt watching/listening to anything just a normal gmail page open. then i started playing my project on the preview screen. 1 minute in, it glitched out and the entire software shutdown( with the hours of perfecting a video effect that i learned from lynda.com) i did save it and the auto save feature didnt return me back to where i had put in the effects and everything but thats another story in its self. 

when the software shutdown a window saying "you dont have enough memory to run this (something along those lines)" but my pc has 8 gigs of hyper x ram that i got last august. then chrome also shut down. then my computer glitch, my screens went black for 1 second and everything came back like i just turned on my pc for the day (back to desktop with no programs open) now i fear that my ram is failing me or something. or is it just that once in a lifetime EA moment where sony just fucks your day. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Check your CPU overclock.

Check your GPU overclock.

Check your RAM overclock.

Scan for Virus's

EDIT: Paging file needs to be larger as stated above.

blackshades on

Check your CPU overclock.

Check your GPU overclock.

Check your RAM overclock.

Scan for Virus's

EDIT: Paging file needs to be larger as stated above.

all of that is on stock. no point in overclocking a stock cooled 650 BOOST and cpu is a non k that i got for free, and my ram is well... my ram. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

all of that is on stock. no point in overclocking a stock cooled 650 BOOST and cpu is a non k that i got for free, and my ram is well... my ram. 

Yeah then try changing your paging file size.

8gb of ram is a lot though, not sure why that happened.

Try watching your RAM usage in task manager when you render or what ever you're doing.

If it max's out then the paging file will solve your problem.

blackshades on

Increase your paging file size.

thats at 25 gigs. what do you think is the recommended size i should use.. i have a 120 gig ssd and a couple hdd's 

Yeah, as others have said, give it some more page file. You might also check your CUDA settings if you haven't already to see if you can get some more speed out of your graphics card.

i use cuda to render. i guess imma change the page file size now. its so weird that something like this happened, really freaked me out. 

Yeah, as others have said, give it some more page file. You might also check your CUDA settings if you haven't already to see if you can get some more speed out of your graphics card.

Yeah then try changing your paging file size.

8gb of ram is a lot though, not sure why that happened.

Try watching your RAM usage in task manager when you render or what ever you're doing.

If it max's out then the paging file will solve your problem.

Increase your paging file size.

happened again. my page file size is at 25 gigs. and i managed to take 1 screen shot before that crapped out and basically my entire screen turned black. half the right side of my monitor turned black. my task bar turned gray. 

post-6352-0-76397600-1409455050_thumb.jp

post-6352-0-96777600-1409455299_thumb.jp

happened again. my page file size is at 25 gigs. and i managed to take 1 screen shot before that crapped out and basically my entire screen turned black. half the right side of my monitor turned black. my task bar turned gray. 

attachicon.gifwhat my screen looks luke.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_20140830_231508.jpg

Hmm, open task manager see what RAM usage you're at when idling and when rendering.

I use 2.6Gb idling.

blackshades on

Did you restart?

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Did you restart?

Hmm, open task manager see what RAM usage you're at when idling and when rendering.

I use 2.6Gb idling.

i had to force restart from my case. when im idle i use almost 500mb of ram, when i have chrome and vegas open i use 1 gig or ram. when i render while having chrome open it goes to anywhere from 3-5 gigs. never exceeds 6. or 5.5 

i had to force restart from my case. when im idle i use almost 500mb of ram, when i have chrome and vegas open i use 1 gig or ram. when i render while having chrome open it goes to anywhere from 3-5 gigs. never exceeds 6. or 5.5 

500MB? Bullshit.

Also holy fuck. 25GB pagefile? Your pagefile should be 2GB min, 4GB max.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Is Windows the 64 Bit version?

Is Sony Vegas a 64 Bit program?

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Is Windows the 64 Bit version?

Is Sony Vegas a 64 Bit program?

500MB? Bullshit.

Also holy fuck. 25GB pagefile? Your pagefile should be 2GB min, 4GB max.

yes both are 64. and my ram is at 500 when i use that stuff. and 25 gig page file was default so i left it that way

yes both are 64. and my ram is at 500 when i use that stuff. and 25 gig page file was default so i left it that way

Windows should never really use that little ram for both those things unless some program is running out of Ram.

Run direct X diagnostics tool by typing dxdiag into search and pressing enter.

Post a screenshot of those results.

Then we will see what's wrong.

Windows should never really use that little ram for both those things unless some program is running out of Ram.

Run direct X diagnostics tool by typing dxdiag into search and pressing enter.

Post a screenshot of those results.

Then we will see what's wrong.

post-6352-0-46198000-1409461471.jpg

post-6352-0-03960600-1409461487.jpg

post-6352-0-75077700-1409461492.jpg

post-6352-0-77405000-1409461497.jpg

post-6352-0-27329500-1409461502.jpg

but this is task manager?   post-6352-0-02895500-1409461814_thumb.jp

Hm everything seems fine, that's odd , Is your ram correctly installed in dual channel mode?

Hm everything seems fine, that's odd , Is your ram correctly installed in dual channel mode?

i have the 2 farthest (same colored) slots filled in. is there like this bios setting to turn on?

i have the 2 farthest (same colored) slots filled in. is there like this bios setting to turn on?

Maybe, My ram RAN at 1400 MHz until until told to run at 1600Mhz in the BIOS

Maybe, My ram RAN at 1400 MHz until until told to run at 1600Mhz in the BIOS

everything seems fine. board detects both dimms at 1600Mhz. i dont think there is a problem i guess? i think vegas just wanted to crap out on me. 

everything seems fine. board detects both dimms at 1600Mhz. i dont think there is a problem i guess? i think vegas just wanted to crap out on me.

Everything seems fine with me , If all else fails just click the run as administrator button in the combatibilty of Vegas and maybe, Just maybe it will work.

Everything seems fine with me , If all else fails just click the run as administrator button in the combatibilty of Vegas and maybe, Just maybe it will work.

thanks for taking you're time out to help me out. really means alot. 

Not possible that the pagefile defaulted at 25GB. That's enormous.

Also 500MB idle on Windows is simply not possible, the least I've gotten on a fresh Windows install with nothing installed was around 1.5GB.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Not possible that the pagefile defaulted at 25GB. That's enormous.

Also 500MB idle on Windows is simply not possible, the least I've gotten on a fresh Windows install with nothing installed was around 1.5GB.

Check out all my screen shots and that's with chrome and avermedia recording software open