macs notebook or pc or listening to very high HD music

Woahduds
Go to solution Solved by BudgetEngineer,

my brother pick over any mac for my alienware because he says macs have better sound quality which i think is not true, but in his defense he says that professional use it because of the better sound quality, i did some research and macs seem to not have any sound card, and my alienware have a realtek hd audio. If anyone have a mac notebook please tell me how the sound quality is

Producers use Macs because they have a very well established software ecosystem for mixing and music creation. Absolutely nothing to do with onboard hardware, monitoring is done through an expensive external sound card or other device.

my brother pick over any mac for my alienware because he says macs have better sound quality which i think is not true, but in his defense he says that professional use it because of the better sound quality, i did some research and macs seem to not have any sound card, and my alienware have a realtek hd audio. If anyone have a mac notebook please tell me how the sound quality is

all systems have built in sound. im 95% sure you can't tell the dif without hookin up to expense equiment ,do a blind random test you will see you can't hear a dif (as long all settings are configured right)

Every device has a sound card. I would wait until the next Mac refresh as it will probably include beats audio. Right now, the 15" has much better audio then the 13" models.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Custom built PC > Mac, Alienware, Prebuilt trash.

"my alienware" seriously..

sigh

i'm out

sigh

i'm out

it was when i was dumb mmk

alienware vs apple .... lol :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

sigh

i'm out

show me that custom built notebook :D

Back to the original question ...

The newest Macbook Pro / Air afaik use a Cirrus 4208-CRZ chip, which indeed is quite good. ;)

haha .. nice ... not even reading the OP :D

are you talking about the 2014 pro?

all professionals working on music with macbooks have an external soundcard. they don't use the onboard one...

Realtek is an integrated solution. But yes, Mac over Alienware. Alienware is horrible.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

From personal experience, the Macs I have tried do have a better amp in the headphone output, it really depends on what kind of headphone or earbud you are using.    Granted I was using a very picky XBA-4 earbuds to test, which not all devices can drive properly because of their low impedance.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

sigh

i'm out

No offense, but that attitude is not wanted here. That #PCMasterRace bullshit can be left at the door. LTT is a place that is about educating fellow tech enthusiasts and is (on purpose) a very noob friendly environment. Yes we know that Alienware PC's are generally overpriced, but rather then acting like a total jackass and making LTT look bad, we should help @Woahduds out and then maybe for his next PC, he'll custom build or use a better boutique builder.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No offense, but that attitude is not wanted here. That #PCMasterRace bullshit can be left at the door. LTT is a place that is about educating fellow tech enthusiasts and is (on purpose) a very noob friendly environment. Yes we know that Alienware PC's are generally overpriced, but rather then acting like a total jackass and making LTT look bad, we should help @Woahduds out and then maybe for his next PC, he'll custom build or use a better boutique builder.

and i did two weeks ago http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KXQpQ7

haha .. nice ... not even reading the OP :D

I did read it. And if you really want to know then it depends on which mac and which windows. Most of them will be the exact same. Dac/amp is better then both but it really depends on your situation. What I got from the question was what is the best and that would be neither. 

Producers use Macs because they have a very well established software ecosystem for mixing and music creation. Absolutely nothing to do with onboard hardware, monitoring is done through an expensive external sound card or other device.