Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

jmaster299

While technically an expansion for Saints Row 4, Gat Out of Hell will be available as a standalone purchase for $20. No need to own SR4 in order to play it.

I was a late adopter of the Saints Row franchise, for SR The Third in a Humble Bundle, but did bother to install it for like a year later. It has everything I've always wanted in the GTA franchise, with none of the tedious nonsense like having to change your clothes to keep your girl friend happy, or your appearance being affected by what you eat. If I want a life simulator, I'd play The SIMS. Yes the stories for the SR series are absurd, but all the more fun because of it. Nothing says "I'm in a video game doing impossible things to have fun like

sticking a gigantic rocket dildo up someone's ass and launching them into the air
".

The announcement video for Gat Out of Hell makes it clear they will be sticking with all the absurd things that have made the series so successful in the past. Taking the two most popular characters, Kinzie and Gat, and making them the playable characters instead of "The Boss" is also a nice change.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

This is so disappointing. I was hoping for something really good.

This is so disappointing. I was hoping for something really good.

I question your definition of good. This fits exactly with the crazy stuff they've been doing ever since SR: The Third, and looks just as funny. It's obviously a filler title while they continue to work on the next full SR game. But they are going about it the right way by giving it a "less than full game" price point and making it so you don't have to own the previous version of the game.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194