Good mic for Teamspeak

Sexy Vanilla Freshness

I have a shitty £5 mic on a bendy stick that sounds like I am communicating through a victorian era privy, I no longer want this problem.

What can I buy that will make my voice sound natural on teamspeak? Ideally to stand on the desk and not pick up the sound of my mechanical keyboard and mouse clicking just my voice?

Location UK, budget ~£50

http://www.ncix.com/detail/zalman-zm-mic-1-microphone-00-13863.htm

I own 2 of these and price is definitely not indicative of performance. Best price/performance mic you can get atm imo, and I would highly recommend them to anybody who uses headphones. (edit.) Sorry didn't really read your post before I blurted that =3 It will pick up ambient noises quite easily especially considering most people turn mic boost to full when using them, but take it as you will.

i5-3570K @4.3GHz Turbo w/ auto voltage

MSI Z77A-G45

Vengeance LP 2x4GB DDR3 2200MHz CL13

STRIX GTX 970 +180MHz Core clock +400MHz Memory Clock

MX500 500GB

CM h212+ w/ Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm @850 rpm

Lamptron FC9 \\ Cougar Turbine 120mm (4-pack) @800 rpm \\ NF-A12x15 PWM @1000 rpm

Antec One

Windows 10 Home

-----------------------------------------------

ASUS VG248QE 3D @144Hz

G710+ w/ Corsair PBT doubleshot keycaps + Double o-ring mod \\ G502 Spectrum

AKG K240 Studio w/ FiiO Olympus \\ Logitech X-530 + X-240 = Ghetto 7.1

What is the actual difference between this 'ICE' version and the regular snowball?

Have you just posted that because it's made by Sony? Or have you used one?

What is the actual difference between this 'ICE' version and the regular snowball?

The difference is audio quality from reviews I read. Don't get the Ice, its not really worth the price. I was able to help a friend get the snowball for ~$40 shipping included from AmazonUSA shipped to Canada. One thing I forgot to tell him to get was a pop filter...

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

The Snowball has two capsules inside,and you can switch between them. one is cardioid (mic records sound from one direction only), and the second is omnidirectional. (records sound from all sides)

The Snowball Ice version has only one capsule, the cardioid one.

The regular Snowball gives more bang for your buck, like IBlubbleTea said.

The Snowball has two capsules inside,and you can switch between them. one is cardioid (mic records sound from one direction only), and the second is omnidirectional. (records sound from all sides)

The Snowball Ice version has only one capsule, the cardioid one.

The regular Snowball gives more bang for your buck, like IBlubbleTea said.

So in terms of audio quality, if I just address the mic from the front it's no different? Or is the audio lower quality in addition to being single direction?

So in terms of audio quality, if I just address the mic from the front it's no different? Or is the audio lower quality in addition to being single direction?

It's not directional since it's just one capsule (meaning it should pick up audio from all directions relatively the same). The non-ice version has multiple capsules, and uses them against each other to make sound from certain directions quieter than others. The quality is not better or worse because of the number of capsules, it just affects functionality. 

http://www.heilsound.com/pro/mic-primer/pickup-patterns

It's not directional since it's just one capsule (meaning it should pick up audio from all directions relatively the same). The non-ice version has multiple capsules, and uses them against each other to make sound from certain directions quieter than others. The quality is not better or worse because of the number of capsules, it just affects functionality. 

http://www.heilsound.com/pro/mic-primer/pickup-patterns

Thank you for the useful info, I see you giving good advice all over this subforum actually, 9k posts and you are not a 'trusted advisor' in audio I don't understand this but I suppose it is not my business..

I have looked up the Snowball and the ICE version on Amazon, there is currently a £5 difference so I will most likely get the regular non 'ice' version.

Thanks to everyone who replied in the thread.

9k posts and you are not a 'trusted advisor' in audio I don't understand this but I suppose it is not my business.

I'm mean when I think people deserve some harsh reality. 

But whatever - good luck with your purchase.  ;)