Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse sensor vs microsoft intellimouse 3.0 sensor

penguin_

As the title says I'm wondering if anyone knows which mouse has a better sensor.

My money'd be on the intellimouse 3.0, although it's hard to find any decent specs on either mouse.

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.

The Green Machine.

Yeah I tried googling it but couldn't find anything. As you can see from the title it's quite big so I doubt google could handle my question ;)

The esreality forum says they both use the same STMicroelectronics OS MLT 04 sensor. But, as someone that has used the intellimouse 3.0 for the past 5 years I would not recommend getting a mouse with that sensor. It does track well most of the time and does not skip IF you overclock your usb polling rate to 500hz. But, there is significant negative acceleration during fast movements so it's not as awesome as the internet will lead you to believe. Also, the newer revisions are not very good. The build quality went down with the newer revisions and the cost went up. Performance is still similar but you will have to replace your mouse more often and they just don't feel nice.

If you already have them then use whichever shape you like but if you are looking for a new mouse get something else.