Mice

Mouse-Potato

Hello all!

I am in the market for a new mouse. My Razer Lachesis is unfortunately starting to act up and not calibrating properly anymore, which is sad because i love it.

I have been looking at a couple mice, the first one being the Mionix NAOS 8200 and the second the EVGA Torq X10 Carbon.

I'm 6'3" but my hands are a little beefy, I have large palms with shorter finger. Not sure if this is relevant or not, I've just heard that the Naos might be too small for larger hands but would like to hear what the communtiy thinks about this.

Also does anyone know what mouse Linus uses(Death Adder?)? What are your preferences?

I use the Corsair M65, but I have small hands and use claw grip. The Corsair M95 (my brother has) has awesome palm grip.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

i mean, the 2014 naga is great imo :P i use it and it feels great to use, since you already love your razer mouse why not stick with the same brand + synapse is easy to use w/ the naga so why not

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I use the Corsair M65, but I have small hands and use claw grip. The Corsair M95 (my brother has) has awesome palm grip.

I can agree! I have the M65 also and love it! I would wait for the RGB M65/95 as they have placed the buttons on the M65 so you could grip it better and it is RGB. Great choice!

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I have a cheap $7 chinese gaming mouse but we're gonna do this properly so there's no way in hell I'm recommending that.

Look at some of Roccat's gaming mice like the Kone, that gets great reviews as an all-round mouse.

i mean, the 2014 naga is great imo :P i use it and it feels great to use, since you already love your razer mouse why not stick with the same brand + synapse is easy to use w/ the naga so why not

I can agree! I have the M65 also and love it! I would wait for the RGB M65/95 as they have placed the buttons on the M65 so you could grip it better and it is RGB. Great choice!

So the Naga and the M95 or more palm grip? Because I don't fare too well with claw grip, my wrist gets tires pretty quickly and is a lot less comfortable if i'm doing a FPS

I have a cheap $7 chinese gaming mouse but we're gonna do this properly so there's no way in hell I'm recommending that.

Look at some of Roccat's gaming mice like the Kone, that gets great reviews as an all-round mouse.

Are the Roccat's a good mouse? I've seen them around a lot but have never tried one. How is the sensor?

So the Naga and the M95 or more palm grip? Because I don't fare too well with claw grip, my wrist gets tires pretty quickly and is a lot less comfortable if i'm doing a FPS

Yes, I tried out my brother's M95, and my wrist wrests very comfortably on it, the M65 palm grip is honestly pretty terrible, but I don't use palm grip, so I love my M65. But the M95 is such an awesome choice, you can't beat that awesome aluminum frame :D

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

if that's the case, find a nice palm-grip mouse.

You could get one of the ultra-adjustable ones like the RAT7 but those are badly made.

well i mean you said youre a tall dude and tall dudes have big hands, the naga is a pretty big mouse, or maybe my hands are just irregularly small for a dude :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yes, I tried out my brother's M95, and my wrist wrests very comfortably on it, the M65 palm grip is honestly pretty terrible, but I don't use palm grip, so I love my M65. But the M95 is such an awesome choice, you can't beat that awesome aluminum frame :D

I'll have to go to Fry's and try one out if they have it. Since Corsair is in Fremont maybe I'll just go down and knock on their door... :P

Are the Roccat's a good mouse? I've seen them around a lot but have never tried one. How is the sensor?

Roccat offer some great mice. And they offer both optical and laser sensors. I use the Roccat Kone Pure Optical and love it. But I think it  might be a bit small for your liking. The XTD Optical would prob be the best choice. My best suggestion would be to try to find a local shop with mice and just try them for feel. Everyone likes something different.

The Kone Pure uses a 8200DPI sensor (adjustable, obviously), has a chunk of onboard memory for recording macros and imho the white one looks SICK. You have to download the software from the website, which was listed as a con but I like how they recognize gamers don't use CDs anymore. Less hassle. It's a nice palm grip mouse that's a nice size. I've never used one before but it has all the bells and whistles you're looking for and it's well-regarded.

G602 is great

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

if that's the case, find a nice palm-grip mouse.

You could get one of the ultra-adjustable ones like the RAT7 but those are badly made.

I've seen those Rat mice, they reminded me of my Saitek Cyborg, too bad you say that they are poorly made otherwise I might have picked one up..

I'll have to go to Fry's and try one out if they have it. Since Corsair is in Fremont maybe I'll just go down and knock on their door... :P

Awesome (I love Fry's), if you do decide on the M95, make sure to get the black one. Because the White one has a glossy finish on it, which is pretty horrid. The black one has a nice soft touch rubberized finish. and "sandpaper" finish on the thumb and pinky rests

well i mean you said youre a tall dude and tall dudes have big hands, the naga is a pretty big mouse, or maybe my hands are just irregularly small for a dude :/

Tall dude with stubby fingers so does that compensate?

The Kone Pure uses a 8200DPI sensor (adjustable, obviously), has a chunk of onboard memory for recording macros and imho the white one looks SICK. You have to download the software from the website, which was listed as a con but I like how they recognize gamers don't use CDs anymore. Less hassle. It's a nice palm grip mouse that's a nice size. I've never used one before but it has all the bells and whistles you're looking for and it's well-regarded.

They look a lot like my Lachesis' and don't have a million buttons too!  :lol: Adding this to list of things to check out...

I use palm on my M65 just fine. No complaints from me

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

G602 is great

It looks comfortable, is it? And are the individual thumb buttons easy to hit without pressing more than one at a time?

You're probably not going to want a mouse with finger ridges, right?

I use palm on my M65 just fine. No complaints from me

Maybe I exaggerated a bit there, palm grip is fine, but I find it much more comfy on the M95. You know the cut out on the right-back side of the mouse that reveals the sexy aluminum chassis? That cutout, just kind leaves my palm hanging there. But I use claw, and still an epic mouse nonetheless. M65 Brotherhood :D

I've noticed with my Lachesis that I need to "prime" it first on certain surfaces, for example, I'll have to use a piece of paper and move the mouse around on the paper to register/ before I use it on a laminated table, otherwise the pointer doesn't move. Is this normal or is it my sensor failing?

It looks comfortable, is it? And are the individual thumb buttons easy to hit without pressing more than one at a time?

yup, and yup

Yup.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You're probably not going to want a mouse with finger ridges, right?

Finger ridges??