Laptop display problems

Speedbird

Hi

I recently replaced the motherboard of a laptop and after working properly for a few weeks, the screen has some problems. While booting, the screen has some green lines and the logon screen has some parts in purple. What could the problem be?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

does this only happen durring the boot process? or does it keep on and never goes away?

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

does this only happen durring the boot process? or does it keep on and never goes away?

It doesn't go away.

well if got the exact motherboard needed to be replaced then it could be that the connector just needs to be unplugged and re plugged in if not it could be a faulty motherboard. i suggest trying to check your connector first.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

well if got the exact motherboard needed to be replaced then it could be that the connector just needs to be unplugged and re plugged in if not it could be a faulty motherboard. i suggest trying to check your connector first.

Will do, thanks.

You can try to hook it up to a external monitor to see if it lines are there. If the lines aren't there then it would be the screen that's broken.