w2b new Laptop for school 'n travel under 700$

So i'm basically looking for a laptop/notebook (what's the difference again? i dunno) for under 700 bucks.

Main Purpose: Get shit done in school. Research in internet, use word/excel/pp for stuff, homework. A little gaming here and there, Watching dvd at GF's place. Not having to rage over a f****** slow piece of garbage.

I have a reasonable gaming rig at home that I use for real gaming. I'm looking for something that i can use when I'm in Train and need to learn for school/do homework. I want it to be 17" at least (I can't handle small screens...), and if possible no more than 700$ (+-50 bucks).
Please use http://en.toppreise.ch/grp1_1.html?view=ngf&def=17 to check if said laptop is purchasable in switzerland (my country). If it isn't in there, i'm most likely unable to buy it (without extraordinous shipping fee +tax).

What I thought of: http://en.toppreise.ch/prod_361389.html ]LENOVO G710 - looks really nice.  What do you think? Anything better out there? I want to get the best out of my buck :)

Thank you guys for helping me out. You are all great!

ThinkPad L440 (or L540 if you want 15in) its the lowest true thinkpad. With 700$ you might even be able to upgrade it a bit. My recommended upgrades are:

CPU to the lowest i5

Monitor up to 1600x900

Battery up to a 9 cell

WiFi card up to Intel AC with Bluetooth

You can save some money by removing stuff like the webcam and fingerprint reader.

I'm not sure how customizable i can get my Laptop in switzerland. I was hoping I could buy it from a shop in switzerland (hence the link to check if avaiable). Else I have to include shipping+tax, because Switzerland is stupid when it comes to get stuff overseas (or from europe)

Go to lenovo's website directly and customize it they ship direct from China generally. You'd just have to check but I imagine they'll ship to switzerland as their the top worldwide business notebook brand.