Based on this information what do you think?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I think I'll just overclock my hardware, and not buy this new crazy stuff because it's way to expensive.

I think I'll just overclock my hardware, and not buy this new crazy stuff because it's way to expensive.

Hmm with the build I am doing in the upcoming year at premium prices even I would only be dumping in about 1,000 more dollars (or less) for

1. An i7 8 core cpu - $999
  2. A GTX 880 GPU (speculation only) - $800
  3. A x99 Motherboard (Asus) - $500
  4. DDR4 Ram (16 GB Kit) - $300
  5. A Water block for both the GPU & CPU = 250 (over shooting probably)

For a total of $2,849.00 and my original cpu, gpu, motherboard, ram and waterblocks added together was like 2,150.00 so it would be like a 700-800 dollar increase really.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Hmm with the build I am doing in the upcoming year at premium prices even I would only be dumping in about 1,000 more dollars (or less) for

1. An i7 8 core cpu - $999
  2. A GTX 880 GPU (speculation only) - $800
  3. A x99 Motherboard (Asus) - $500
  4. DDR4 Ram (16 GB Kit) - $300
  5. A Water block for both the GPU & CPU = 250 (over shooting probably)

For a total of $2,849.00 and my original cpu, gpu, motherboard, ram and waterblocks added together was like 2,150.00 so it would be like a 700-800 dollar increase really.

Yeah, that's true. But not everyone has $900 more to spend on computer hardware

Yeah, that's true. But not everyone has $900 more to spend on computer hardware

That is a big factor...thankfully I haven't built mine yet so I might do it right and just go with the new gen shit.

It depends what the task is.  For gaming, completely unnecessary

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

It depends what the task is.  For gaming, completely unnecessary

Rendering and gaming at the same time. Plus multitasking and just being the fact that for once I want to be ahead of the game.

Rendering and gaming at the same time. Plus multitasking and just being the fact that for once I want to be ahead of the game.

i7-4790k

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

i7-4790k

Yea..but that's not really ahead of the game is it? :P  Besides I really don't mind spending the money if it is going to make it solid for a while at least.

Yea..but that's not really ahead of the game is it? :P  Besides I really don't mind spending the money if it is going to make it solid for a while at least.

Ya, the 4790k is ahead of the game. 

Spend your money how you want, but for what you intend to use your machine for, the i7-4790k is plenty and will last you many many years.

Now that their six-core is the same price as the entry-level quad core on Ivy Bridge-E, I see this being a pretty popular processor.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Confirm USB 3.1 support. Using an expansion card in the future could prove to be an annoyance. I've been on the wrong side of of new builds for both usb2 and 3 implementations, and it's not fun.

I'd wait at least 6 months. Early adopters always get the short end of the stick.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

I'd wait at least 6 months. Early adopters always get the short end of the stick.

Pretty much this.

Early 6 core adopters spent $1000 on a dead platform :(

And there are probably going to be low yields etc and 8 core overclocking will be a bit hit and miss I imagine.

Early 6 core adopters spent $1000 on a dead platform :(

OH HAI GUISE! That's me :P

Still chuggin' along though, and it's taken me 5+ years to even think about upgrading, so there's that... <_<

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

OH HAI GUISE! That's me :P

Still chuggin' along though, and it's taken me 5+ years to even think about upgrading, so there's that... <_<

Well they're still pretty beast (as long as you overclock) but still :(

If I had to go with a desktop, 8 cores 16 threads is definitely something to look at. Maybe a Titan 2 or something as well for the GPU, with some DDR4 3000MHz 11-11-11-34 (at WORST) quad channel memory. If that was the case, I would probably jump at it, as that'd be a dream for a streamer/multitasker like me =D. Andddd you know it'd be overclocked hehe.

Otherwise, I like my mobility of my laptop for now. Unless I get in a position where I don't do anything on the go anymore, and I'm in a good living position in the USA. Then I might leave it be.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday