Studio Grade Headphone Help

I want to get back into music production.

I need a pair of headphones that deliver pure sound. I don't want them to have a sound signature that alters much at all from the raw output of my PC.

I am currently running a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC and Corda Classic Amp.

I really don't have any limitations except price. I would like to keep these under $2,000.

I have V-Moda M-100's ATH M50X's and QC15's for day to day listening.

For those wondering, I mix at local clubs, do some request jobs for small intros/outros, do all the audio for my friends band, and produce.

I mix and produce EHD (Electronic Hard Dance). I work with Hardstyle, Industrial, Drum and Bass, Trance Techno, Hard Techno, Deep House, Hardcore, Psy-Trance, and I ocasionally dip my feet into glitch hop and Electro House.

That in mind, I do NOT want a pair of headphones tuned for music. I want a pair for studio grade production.

Edit: I have studio monitors and a woofer. My room just has poor acoustics.

Obligatory "get speakers instead" post.

I want a pair for studio grade production.

Most studios don't spend anywhere near what you think they do on mere headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/t/606979/most-popular-headphones-for-professional-recording-studios

I have a pair of amped ATC Passive 20 SLPRO that I forgot to mention. That with all my DJ stuff.

I want headphones because my room has poor acoustics.

I do enough professional work to justify the costs. As I could make back the money in a few small jobs. And that was my upwards limit and I would be more than glad to get a cheaper pair.

I have really sensitive ears so I am able to hear the difference in audio quality that others are oblivious to. For example, if you play me a HIRES  Stereo DSD 128 and a 64. I could tell you which one is which in a heartbeat.

M50's aren't too bad for studio use. but if you want something more than that Shure has some studio headphones to offer.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

M50's aren't too bad for studio use. but if you want something more than that Shure has some studio headphones to offer.

M50's sound way to tuned for my use. They don't have the clarity I'm looking for.

K702 has great "clarity" but is also tuned in the sense that the lower bass is undertuned.

d416dd2cd8.png

Might want to look at orthos for better flatness in the bass and mids. Alpha Dogs are pretty (and bass is tune-able), but Mayflower's offerings offer similarly good performance for less (version 2 is flat-sounding one I believe Version 3 has more bass).

d4dbfed8fa.png

ef92e1ef3b.png

Then there's even mroe expensive options, popular ones being Sennheiser's HD800, HiFiMan's HE500 (or newer HE560 for improved comfort), and Audeze's various cans.

5549c38587.png

[dt880 vs 702]

But AKG's treble is pretty and Beyerdynamic's is sibilant. (personal experience, others are free to refute)

But AKG's treble is pretty and Beyerdynamic's is sibilant. (personal experience, others are free to refute)

I wasn't recommending one over the other, just pointing it out. I've heard varying reports of sibilance.

Also, the OP wants a studio headphone, not for listening pleasure so sibilance is not as much of an issue. If anything, it could be good for revealing that quality in a recording.

In any case, any sibilance should go away after brea-

god dammit.

Also, the OP wants a studio headphone, not for listening pleasure so sibilance is not as much of an issue. If anything, it could be good for revealing that quality in a recording.

True. I find myself wishing more Beyerdynamic headphones were used during recordings. Not sure sibilance is a huge problem during mastering, but I've no experience in this field anywho.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/focal_spirit_professional.htm Hardstyle and DnB works perfect with those. They are very accurate, sharp and neutral sound but not flat like some openback AKG studio phones, which is perfect for the music you want to mix.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

are you looking for something along these lines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCz5bWvBZM&list=PLCD2994A13C14491C

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I want to get back into music production.

I need a pair of headphones that deliver pure sound. I don't want them to have a sound signature that alters much at all from the raw output of my PC.

I am currently running a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC and Corda Classic Amp.

I really don't have any limitations except price. I would like to keep these under $2,000.

I have V-Moda M-100's ATH M50X's and QC15's for day to day listening.

For those wondering, I mix at local clubs, do some request jobs for small intros/outros, do all the audio for my friends band, and produce.

I mix and produce EHD (Electronic Hard Dance). I work with Hardstyle, Industrial, Drum and Bass, Trance Techno, Hard Techno, Deep House, Hardcore, Psy-Trance, and I ocasionally dip my feet into glitch hop and Electro House.

That in mind, I do NOT want a pair of headphones tuned for music. I want a pair for studio grade production.

If you can afford Oppo PM 1,you are in for a treat.But i think you are better of buying a studio monitor for better mixing.Hifiman HE 500 is also a good option.I have not used these headphones but i have read about them alot.KRK studio monitor+KRK subwoofer is the way to go.

If you can afford Oppo PM 1,you are in for a treat.But i think you are better of buying a studio monitor for better mixing.Hifiman HE 500 is also a good option.I have not used these headphones but i have read about them alot.KRK studio monitor+KRK subwoofer is the way to go.

I already have studio monitors and ironically a KRK woofer but my room has poor acoustics in its current state.