Corsair 450D or 750D for new case [HELP]

Paddle23
Go to solution Solved by CowsGoRoar,

@Paddle23, I would recommend the 750D. First of all, the Gigabyte Windforce 770 (3X) is a long card, so you get a lot more air to your graphics card if you had... well, more space. The 450D is a little too small, I think it wouldn't fit in E-ATX anyway.

Just like I said, you can detach the front panel and just use the bottom 3 hard drive cages (you can remove the first cage), and there's air filters almost everywhere (not on the bottom, I read. I'll look into that.) Cleaning it is a breeze.

Hi all! I am upgrading soon and i can't decide on which case i should buy. I have a G1 Sniper 3 (E-ATX) mobo and a H55 liquid cooler (possible upgrade as well here).

I am looking at the 450D or the 750D.

I know the 750D has some airflow issues in the front with the panel on but if someone could elaborate on that if they have experience with the case i would appreciate it. I currently have the Lanboy Air from Antec and the dust problem is getting my nerves now. 

The 750D can fit E-ATX, but the 450D can only fit up to ATX. You should get the 750D because you can remove the front panel. It's a spring-clip that's really easy to take off and put back on.

On the Corsair site for the 450D it shows compatibility for a E-ATX mobo. Will this cover most of the cable grommets if you try getting a E-ATX in there?

450D has better air flow with it's open front design BUT I would pick the 750D as I think it looks nicer and being a bigger case.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

The 750D can fit E-ATX, but the 450D can only fit up to ATX. You should get the 750D because you can remove the front panel. It's a spring-clip that's really easy to take off and put back on.

On the Corsair site for the 450D it shows compatibility for a E-ATX mobo. Will this cover most of the cable grommets if you try getting a E-ATX in there?

True it is a beautiful case. The airflow is a big deal here as well but taking off the panel fixes it apparently. I wonder if getting SP fans would solve the issue with keeping the front panel on?

Nevermind, it can fit, but if you look at the pictures, the one with a E-ATX mobo in there blocks 70% of the rubber grommets, so you're really squeezing out the space. 

It really comes down to if you want a full tower or a mid tower now.

True it is a beautiful case. The airflow is a big deal here as well but taking off the panel fixes it apparently. I wonder if getting SP fans would solve the issue with keeping the front panel on?

No. Static pressure is good on resistance that the air is being forced into, but not being pulled through.

Nevermind, it can fit, but if you look at the pictures, the one with a E-ATX mobo in there blocks 70% of the rubber grommets, so you're really squeezing out the space. 

It really comes down to if you want a full tower or a mid tower now.

No. Static pressure is good on resistance that the air is being forced into, but not being pulled through.

So that's a no to a fix in air flow. I don't mind a Full or Mid tower I am just looking for getting rid of the dust and the 450D doesn't have a filter in the front which I would like but taking off the panel when I want to play games sounds like a hassle. I am really indecisive now. What would you recommend? I can share my pc specs if you would like to help imagining the build?

So that's a no to a fix in air flow. I don't mind a Full or Mid tower I am just looking for getting rid of the dust and the 450D doesn't have a filter in the front which I would like but taking off the panel when I want to play games sounds like a hassle. I am really indecisive now. What would you recommend? I can share my pc specs if you would like to help imagining the build?

I would definitely like specs.

If you had a long graphics card, the full tower would help (Windforce cards) but if you have a med-short card like MSI Twin Frozr, the mid tower is fine.

Most likely I would still recommend the 750D. You don't have to put back the front panel. It's completely detachable, so you can just leave it on the table.

I would definitely like specs.

If you had a long graphics card, the full tower would help (Windforce cards) but if you have a med-short card like MSI Twin Frozr, the mid tower is fine.

Most likely I would still recommend the 750D. You don't have to put back the front panel. It's completely detachable, so you can just leave it on the table.

Case: Lanboy Air

CPU: Intel i5 3470

CPU Cooler: Corsair H55

Mobo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3

RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 2gb OC'd Windforce cooled

PSU: Corsair HX850

SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

HDD: 500GB

@Paddle23, I would recommend the 750D. First of all, the Gigabyte Windforce 770 (3X) is a long card, so you get a lot more air to your graphics card if you had... well, more space. The 450D is a little too small, I think it wouldn't fit in E-ATX anyway.

Just like I said, you can detach the front panel and just use the bottom 3 hard drive cages (you can remove the first cage), and there's air filters almost everywhere (not on the bottom, I read. I'll look into that.) Cleaning it is a breeze.

@Paddle23, it is confirmed. There are no dust filters on the bottom fan slots, but it's nothing to worry about if you don't use bottom fans. You can also just clean it more often, but still a great case.