Case

HadesHD

Hey guys! I was wondering if I could get some tips on a new case. I really have no experiences with cases, all I know is that I want one that has good cable management(like fake backing to hide cables) and some pre installed leds. Also, good fans that come stock in the case cause its just one less thing for me to worry about lol :p. Thanks!

Just get whatever is nice looking and is considered good by reviewers.

Corsair cases are generally pretty nice.

I wouldn't recommend NZXT cases; I own a phantom and it has some vibration problems.

Depends, what is the budget?

I'd recommend the carbide series by Corsair, they all have cable routing and competitive air flow. Considering the price point some of those cases are at, there isn't much I can think that would beat them. (The 400r and 500r have LED fans, too) However, as far as cases go, there's a ton of choices that have what you're talking about... You can pretty much just pick whatever suits your aesthetic preference once you've narrowed it down by cable management, airflow, and price.

Like... no case comes with good fans, at least in my opinion. I'd rather get a case with no fans and buy a couple high quality ones. What is your budget.

Choosing a case really depends on a number of things .

#1 your budget.

#2 If you want air or water cooling optimization.

#3 personal/subjective aesthetics .

#4 General features like USB3 in the front, cable management holes, expansion slots etc.

#5 the size of the case.

After looking at some cases, and taking your guises adive, I think I'ma get a corsair case. Thank you all for all the help!

Have a look at the BitFenix Ghost, it's a great case and has easy mods for fitting BitFenix's LED lighting. It's near silent, looks nice, and is really easy to build in.

In my opinion the best case for cable-management under $125 has to be the Fractal Design R4. Now it is my case so I must love it. But it has a great window on it, and plenty, and I mean plenty of room for cable-management. I'm a freak about it. Also most cases don't come with LED's installed. Best bet is to get the NZXT Hue. It has every color you can think of and a 6ft LED strip. ITS ONLY $30!

The new Antec GX700, $70 approx. depending on where you live. Very good value case, but you do sacrifice some things like a window, or sound damping like in a Fractal R4, which is an alround great case, but more cash at around $120.

Look into the fractal r4, has noise suppression and can support an h100 if you want liquid cooling and you can usually find one around $100

Silverstone > Corsair

To each his own.

Corsair cases are great; bias against any manufacturers or designers is silly.

On a case by case basis, however, not so much.

Silverstone > Corsair
To each his own. Corsair cases are great; bias against any manufacturers or designers is silly. On a case by case basis' date=' however, not so much. [/quote']

I should've made it clear that was an opinion.

Corsair cases are generally great and I reccomend them a lot, especially for atx builds with a case budget under £100GBP. But Silverstone produces better airflow designs above that.

The 900d is awesome though, easily tied with the tj11. A massive improvement over the 700/800Dustbox

I think bias against manufacturers as a whole is warranted if they continually produce products you don't like. It's not like I'd not buy a new NZXT case if it was excellent, but I'm not expecting them to make one and that's my bias level. (don't like their battlespaceship amargheddon gamer zomg design style)

Corsair carbide 500R is awsome, with the stock fans connected to the integrated fan controller you can hardly hear them, also the airflow is great, big-ass 200mm fan on the side panel, all these have leds, also an integrated led on/off switch, usb 3 in the front, rubber grommets for cable management and filtered intake for the PSU and the aditional fan slot near that, plenty of room for water cooling, all this at a very competitive price...i recommend it

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I'm personally a fan of Cooler Master cases. The HAF912 Plus is a very good case for under 100$. It even comes with a 200mm red LED fan in the front. But the real question is: what is the budget?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

whats a good case that has all the features of a corsair 650D but much better looking

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Ive got a Corsair 650D. I like it for the most part. The main reason I got it was because its sleek and has latches on the sides to take the side panels off. 100% those are the only two reasons I have it. I want to try my hand at water cooling so im aiming for a BitFenix Shinobi XL, looks about the same but is taller....as far as I can tell...or remember. I could be very wrong though. Far to lazy to check either.

But the 650D is a good case, for the most part.