Stories From Computer Manufacturers Customer Service

shayned1997

So I had a nice experience with Toshiba customer support yesterday trying to get them to help me confirm what an issue with a blue screen was. I called and spent an hour on the phone with them and was transferred to like 8 people. Finally got a guy that used logmein to help find the problem. He said it was a driver problem with the Intel integrated graphics than proceed to tell me how they can fix the problem for me for $150. So while he was explaining the $150 ripoff to me and while he was on my screen i went and updated the drives in 1 min than told him they are ripoffs that they wanted to charge me that much for 1 min of work.

Also had a nice experience with Alienware/Dell a couple year ago. My friend had an m14x that he had for 4 months total. After the first month the motherboard and keyboard died. He just had the tech come and fix it no big deal. Than after about another month it was getting so hot it burned my hand. After calling and fighting with them for over 3 hours a tech came and was looking on the computer himself for problems. When he ran everything at 100% the cpu was at 200c and he said it should be melting at this point and to shut it off. He tried getting his money back but they wouldn't budge. Mind you from the tech doing this it killed the mo-board, gpu, cpu and hdd from the heat. So he had it fixed and put it on ebay. Than bought an Asus ROG and has had 2 of them since than for laptops and built his own desktop.

Im not sure if this has been posted before im sure it has but anyone got any good storys? HP, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo, Asus, MSI, ect?

I have had many issues with Geek Squad. But Newegg and Dell have always been good.

Razer is not bad, just their employees don't know much.

Geek Squad:

So I got on a online chat with a Geek Squad staff member to see if I could get info weather my laptop was 'Defective' or a 'Lemon'

The guy basically said "Go to the store, I can't help you"

So I left a comment in the response box after that said "I wish you could do more online"

About a week later I got a call from the Geek Squad main office.

They wanted to say they were sorry and they sent a box to the house to see if they could repair it.

I sent the laptop off saying: WiFi card needs replacement. WiFi antenna needs replacement, IPS screen assembly needs replacement, and the rubber feet need replacement.

About one MONTH later I got the laptop. With the feet super glued to the bottom, a new HDD (But not a WiFi card) and a new IPS screen assembly.

The new screen assembly was malfunctioning when I got it back. The bottom left corner was registering touches and spots around the bottom of the screen were flexing strangely and the touch screen was not responsive at the bottom. 

Also the Windows button on the edge of the screen was destroyed. It was constantly pinned down. So in the Windows 8 setup menu, windows narrator was activated. And because the start button was pinned down, the laptop would not stop saying "Start Screen" and shouting random tiles on the screen. Kinda funny, the narrator sounded very mad. 

So after that I was able to disable the touch screen driver. (Which required help from my brother, we put 10 fingers on the screen so that the malfunctioning corner would not open IE)

But the windows button pinned down causes random fits of start screen switching. Then when I tried to re-enable the touchscreen driver, it was gone! The controller was missing from device manager.

So today I took it into BestBuy to get it repaired again. They sucked up to me and were nice, but I hope that I get it in at least 2 weeks and it actually WORKS when I get it back. Because their last repair job made the laptop worse....

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Every interaction with Geek squad employees looking at me like I'm speaking Russian  when I talk with them about computer stuff.

Newegg making me pay the shipping to return an item so instead of say getting $80 back for a refund I get $20.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Another good one Im still dealing with. Msi RMA my z77a-g43 died so i sent it in got one back it was DOA sent that one back they said they had it and UPS confirmed it than they lost i and told me i didnt send it finally sending me another one. That one is DOA as well getting really annoyed

I have had many issues with Geek Squad. But Newegg and Dell have always been good.

Razer is not bad, just their employees don't know much.

Geek Squad:

So I got on a online chat with a Geek Squad staff member to see if I could get info weather my laptop was 'Defective' or a 'Lemon'

The guy basically said "Go to the store, I can't help you"

So I left a comment in the response box after that said "I wish you could do more online"

About a week later I got a call from the Geek Squad main office.

They wanted to say they were sorry and they sent a box to the house to see if they could repair it.

I sent the laptop off saying: WiFi card needs replacement. WiFi antenna needs replacement, IPS screen assembly needs replacement, and the rubber feet need replacement.

About one MONTH later I got the laptop. With the feet super glued to the bottom, a new HDD (But not a WiFi card) and a new IPS screen assembly.

The new screen assembly was malfunctioning when I got it back. The bottom left corner was registering touches and spots around the bottom of the screen were flexing strangely and the touch screen was not responsive at the bottom. 

Also the Windows button on the edge of the screen was destroyed. It was constantly pinned down. So in the Windows 8 setup menu, windows narrator was activated. And because the start button was pinned down, the laptop would not stop saying "Start Screen" and shouting random tiles on the screen. Kinda funny, the narrator sounded very mad. 

So after that I was able to disable the touch screen driver. (Which required help from my brother, we put 10 fingers on the screen so that the malfunctioning corner would not open IE)

But the windows button pinned down causes random fits of start screen switching. Then when I tried to re-enable the touchscreen driver, it was gone! The controller was missing from device manager.

So today I took it into BestBuy to get it repaired again. They sucked up to me and were nice, but I hope that I get it in at least 2 weeks and it actually WORKS when I get it back. Because their last repair job made the laptop worse....

shit you would be better off sending to someone on the forum lol

shit you would be better off sending to someone on the forum lol

It would be better if I hit it with a hammer. They even said "New display tested for function"

But the plastic was still attached to the display...

It would be better if I hit it with a hammer. They even said "New display tested for function"

But the plastic was still attached to the display...

their prices are insane too. im sure all that wasnt cheap

their prices are insane too. im sure all that wasnt cheap

No, I only spent $250 on the plan because the laptop was $1.2K

And because I take it to school its bound to get stolen, dropped, stepped on...

You see, that's what we're here for!

Seriously, people are more often than not better off grabbing a screwdriver and repairing the damn system themselves. Geeksquad is full of useless crackheads

... not the geeksquad members who happen to be on this forum of course, heheh... you're the special ones...

You see, that's what we're here for!

Seriously, people are more often than not better off grabbing a screwdriver and repairing the damn system themselves. Geeksquad is full of useless crackheads

... not the geeksquad members who happen to be on this forum of course, heheh... you're the special ones...

Do we have one? Don't we already have a thread for this? Experiences With Non-Techies.

Some people may laugh or might be surprised by this, but I'd have to say that GoDaddy has some of the best customer service reps. The few times I've had to call, they've been extremely polite and resolved my issue either during the phone call or not long after.

ESET set a record in my books for fastest reply ever that 100% solved my problem(s): 7 minutes.

Corsair went above and beyond for me when I had a problem with my 650D (that I instigated): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/57023-corsair-customer-service/

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I had this boot loop problem with my F2A55M-DS2 r1.0

Reported it via Gigabyte's support module... Took them 3 days and suggested something different... I even attached some audio files to it via puush...

Either way, went to the shop where I bought my PC (left the HDDs at home for privacy), and had them take a look at it... It was on individual part warranty so it's covered... The technician got it fixed faster than Gigabyte's email...

I had this boot loop problem with my F2A55M-DS2 r1.0

Reported it via Gigabyte's support module... Took them 3 days and suggested something different... I even attached some audio files to it via puush...

Either way, went to the shop where I bought my PC (left the HDDs at home for privacy), and had them take a look at it... It was on individual part warranty so it's covered... The technician got it fixed faster than Gigabyte's email...

Yeah Gigabyte has terrible support

I sended in a support ticket about my GPU being unstable as hell at stock on the 11th (of august), I got a reply 2 days later, which is reasonable. They said this:

Dear ...

Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.

We are delighted with your interest in our products.

We are checking with the responsible team.

We will come back to you once we get a reply.

Kind regards

GIGABYTE-Team

10 days later I still didn't get any reply.

I had a sony vaio rep insist that a firmware update would solve a broken heatsink fan in a laptop. I think I almost called her a moron. If it wasnt under warranty I would have fixed it my self. Most of my problems are solved by mostly intelligent ltt members or google.