Motherboard vs Motherboard

So I'm looking into building my self a new computer ( wife gave me permission =D ) and for a mother board I'm looking at ether Asus Z97-AR OR Z87 Sabertooth, just need some input i now sabertooth boards are good but what about the other board?

has any one ever owned the Z97-AR that could give me some info about it?

So I'm looking into building my self a new computer ( wife gave me permission =D ) and for a mother board I'm looking at ether Asus Z97-AR OR Z87 Sabertooth, just need some input i now sabertooth boards are good but what about the other board?

The Z97-AR is basically the Z97-A with a different color scheme. It's by all means a good, fairly inexpensive (relatively speaking) motherboard from Asus. Get the AR.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Z97 is a newer chipset meaning it will have better support for future processors, but the sabertooth has a older z87, which can be used, but requires a bios update, but the Sabertooth is kind of expensive and not really worth it, unless there is something that you really need on it

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Z97. The 4690k is made for the Z97 chipset

Get z97.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

z97

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I haven't owned either board but I personally would go with any Z97 board over an equivalent Z87 board. Z97 boards are much more future proof than their older Z87 counterparts with things such as M.2 support, sata express support, and most importantly Broadwell (Intel's next generation of CPU's) support. If you buy a Z87 board you are stuck with a Haswell chip, buy the Z97 board and you get some upgrade room down the road.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Z97-AR

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Z97-AR it is! thank you guys yeah i liked the silver black scheme better then that sabertooth so works out even better!