Crappy Logisys PSU

DrFeel

At the moment, I'm sort of stuck with a Logisys PSU that came in with a combo on newegg... I've had it for a month and it's working fine, by the way. And it normally runs at < 50% load.I have a 750k and an R7 250. Should I be getting an upgrade, or not? Because I've read the reviews of people claiming it "Blew up", or "died.". Now, I know I should be getting like a CX430 or some Antec PSU. But is this power supply going to keep up the good work for a month? Because that's when I'll save up for a better one.

Thanks.

I think it will work for a month. Don't the parts have warranty if something blows. Just get a cx430, it's great for the price.

I'm coming for that braided cable.

You should be fine as long as you don't upgrade anything in your system. Usually people's cheap power supplies blow up because they load those psu up to 70-80% of their labeled load. If you go to jonnyguru.com he has made articles in which he basically blows up cheap power supplies, and most of them only blow up near %90.

A power supplies doesn't necessary have to blow up to be bad. If it had not cause some stability issues, a bad PSU is capable of shortening the lifespan of your components due to poor electrical performance. Here's a discussion made at Jonnyguru about it. http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11297

Also, there power supplies that aren't capable even outputting half what it is rated for let along 70% load. There was a ~600w unit that already started to fail at 100w.