Looking for new mouse, need advice

Ningeal

Hey,

ever since I bought my very first gaming-grade peripheral back in 2009, a Deathadder, I've gone through a variety of models up until now.

Currently I am using a Roccat Kone XTD, which I really like but the fact that it's buttons cannot be programmed to be only a modifier puts me off a little. 

I am looking for  a model, that has at least 1 thumb button that is capable of beeing a modifier key.

I"m not sure whether y'all understand me, so let me make it clear: I intended to use the thumb button on my Kone to be only SHIFT+ for smarcasting in League of Legends, for example. But instead of constantly sending the SHIFT signal, when hold down it activates SHIFT very very briefly, making it completely useless.

I personally have looked at the SS Kana and the Sensei RAW for now, because they're both at a reasonable price point and look quite clean andd simple.

I would stay away from most SS mice as they have a weak sensor and are generally not worth the price (Ikari Optical an exception).

Btw with the roccat mouse you currently have, try binding both the button you want as shift and some other random button you wont really use. This might work cause I've heard this about some mice.

Also check out http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm might help.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

G9x if you can get one, now that they are discontinued 

I can get my hands on both the G9 and the G9X - I know Linus and many others praise the G9 but what did he say about the G9x again? There was something...I just ddon't remember.

The G9 is more expensive than the G9X.

I have been using a R.A.T 7 mouse for the last year or so, I had a Mamba and Deathadder previously and would recommend the R.A.T 7 anyday. It is an amazing mouse and very comfortable!

I can get my hands on both the G9 and the G9X - I know Linus and many others praise the G9 but what did he say about the G9x again? There was something...I just ddon't remember.

The G9 is more expensive than the G9X.

I don't know but I can say that it is a very good mouse.

I've been using a Zowie AM for around a few months since switching from a SS mouse.

If you don't mind about the scroll wheel not being up to par compared to other mice, you'll enjoy it.

Cyborg MMO 7. Hands down awesome mouse. They advertise it as a MMO mouse but it's versatile and works just as good for FPS as well. Even comes with presets for all the popular games.

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz // Zalman LQ-310 Liquid Cooler // Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 16gb RAM // EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost SC // OCZ Vertex 480gb SSD // Segate Barracuda 3tb HDD // Silverstone Slot-Load DVDR Drive // Silverstone SFX 450w 80+Gold Modular PSU // SIlverstone FT03-Mini // Mountain Lion 10.8.3

24" Apple CInema Display // Cyborg MMO 7 // Apple Numeric Keyboard // Apogee Duet 2 // M-Audio Fast Track C400 // M-Audio BX8 D2