enthoo primo overkill?

TR1ALZ
Go to solution Solved by Aligaterror,

Why don't you just get an Enthoo Luxe or Pro? The Primo will look very empty without water cooling. Save some money and space by getting the Luxe/Pro.

Hi guys,

As the title suggests, I'm struggling to decide if the primo if overkill for an atx build with 1 GPU (280x toxic).

Is there actually a downside to having a full tower with a simple atx build?

Thanks in advance for opinions.

Why don't you just get an Enthoo Luxe or Pro? The Primo will look very empty without water cooling. Save some money and space by getting the Luxe/Pro.

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

Hi guys,

As the title suggests, I'm struggling to decide if the primo if overkill for an atx build with 1 GPU (280x toxic).

Is there actually a downside to having a full tower with a simple atx build?

Thanks in advance for opinions.

Downside is it'll look empty. Unless you're planning on making a big custom loop in the future.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Basically this, it wouldn't look nearly as emprty:

(sorry for the horrible pic couldn't find a build without watercooling.)

Phanteks-Enthoo-Luxe-Finished-Build.jpg

Interested in Business and Technology

Good points made from all. I don't think I will look at custom loop. I think I might go the Luxe. Cheers for the opinions. :)

Good points made from all. I don't think I will look at custom loop. I think I might go the Luxe. Cheers for the opinions. :)

Good choice! I'm getting a white Enthoo Luxe next week:)

Case: Silverstone TJ07 CPU: i5 3570K Motherboard: Asus Z77 Sabertooth RAM: Dominator Platinum 8GB GPU: SLI GTX 970 G1 Storage256GB Samsung 840 Pro + 3TB WD Green PSU: Corsair RM850 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Cooling: Water cooling with acrylic tubes HeadphonesPhilips Fidelio X2 DAC: Schiit Modi Amp: Schiit Vali

I don't think you can consider a case overkill. If you like the look of the case and can afford it, go for it

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers