Elder Scrolls Online w/ HD 8570?

SlayerOfHellWyrm

Making this short and quick, I don't know AMD that well, but pulling up the specs of the card, it doesn't look all that strong. My buddy just spent $1,300 on a pre-built system (he's not into computers like we all are :P ) and that's the GPU it came with, and he wishes to play ESO. What kind of settings do you think he could get it running at? Just from looking online, it seems like the Nvidia equiv is a 635, which tells me, he's not going to get anything spectacular out of his card at all.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

1300 for a GTX 635? damn.

Naw, I've got his specs, and it's not terrible... I mean, still over priced considering the cost he would've had it he built. Anyway, he's got:

• Intel Core i7-4770 (not an unlocked, k SKU, before anyone asks)
  • 12GB of some RAM... he doesn't know where to get the speeds, lol, but seeing as it's a pre-built "gaming" rig, I'd hope 1600
  • Radeon HD 8570 2GB (whether he has the GDDR5 version, or DDR3 version, I don't know, and I don't even know how I'd tell him to check)
  • 2 TB HDD

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

HD 8570 = R7 240

And I bet your friend took it searching for more VRAM so expect 2 GB GDDR3...

No, he knows jack all about computers, so he would've grabbed whatever sounded good... aka large processsor number, large hard drive.

ESO isn't worth it, I was in the beta 3-4 times, only played it 2 of those 3-4 times as it got boring quickly and it was impossible to stay so you are able to play with your friends.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

ESO isn't worth it, I was in the beta 3-4 times, only played it 2 of those 3-4 times as it got boring quickly and it was impossible to stay so you are able to play with your friends.

He can learn about the game himself, lol. I'm just trying t do research on his card for him. So far, seems like he's got jack shit though, and will need to upgrade.

He just gave me a budget of $200 for a new card. Looks he could get an XFX R9 270 for that, which I think is better than a 750Ti, which he could also get. However, going from AMD to Nvidia without re-installing Windows is gonna be more of a pain then just upgrading AMD cards. Thoughts?