Just ordered my Oneplus one!

ColorfulShardMC

So I just ordered my Oneplus One because I got an invite somehow to replace my dying iPhone 5. What should I do when I first get the phone?

My Computer (Yet to be named)

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

Conratz! I wish I had the opportunity to purchase that phone to replace my garbage LG Optimus L9 :/ Once you get the hang of navigating around it and using it I would love to see a member review of it :D

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

Conratz! I wish I had the opportunity to purchase that phone to replace my garbage LG Optimus L9 :/ Once you get the hang of navigating around it and using it I would love to see a member review of it :D

Keep an eye around the forums :P

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

im getting mine soon! hopefully tomorrow or the day after that

:DD

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

unlock the bootloader, allows you to root n shiet

but it already has CM 11S on it 

there is little go gain from rooting with a one plus one.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

but it already has CM 12S on it 

there is little go gain from rooting with a one plus one.

uh yeah there is. 

also it has CM11S not 12S.

There are kernels and root apps and xposed modules to be had.

unlock the bootloader, allows you to root n shiet

To root I'm 99% sure that you don't need to unlock the bootloader. I have my phone rooted and my bootloader is still locked. AFAIK the only reason to unlock your bootloader is custom kernels and ROM's.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

uh yeah there is. 

also it has CM11S not 12S.

There are kernels and root apps and xposed modules to be had.

already changed it to 11S

and kernerls and root apps are pretty advanced stuff and im pretty sure most users arent comfortable changing kernels (without the proper knowledge at least)

To root I'm 99% sure that you don't need to unlock the bootloader. I have my phone rooted and my bootloader is still locked. AFAIK the only reason to unlock your bootloader is custom kernels and ROM's.

100% you do unless you exploit a bug like towelroot has done. 

You have to unlock the bootloader to be able to write to the recovery partition to then load a custom recovery to then write SuperSU to /system.

already changed it to 11S

and kernerls and root apps are pretty advanced stuff and im pretty sure most users arent comfortable changing kernels (without the proper knowledge at least)

@WunderWuffle is a complete noob and he rooted his 1+1 in 7 minutes and got Franco kernel up and running on the XNP30O OTA.

OnePlus made is quite easy to root this phone, on the same level as a Nexus device.

100% you do unless you exploit a bug like towelroot has done. 

You have to unlock the bootloader to be able to write to the recovery partition to then load a custom recovery to then write SuperSU to /system.

Oh, I was sure you didn't need to but I don't have too much knowledge on this topic anyway :P I was able to root my LG P769 even though the bootloader is locked. Also off-topic but do you have any useful Xposed Modules that you can suggest for me?

My Current Build: 

So I just ordered my Oneplus One because I got an invite somehow to replace my dying iPhone 5. What should I do when I first get the phone?

Hopefully you don't have it shipped to Canada, an extra $100 in taxes almost. 

Main PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/FNsFVY

Secondary PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7sv7xY

Former Intel Response Squad Member, May Class.

Member of the LTT Forums since January 3rd, 2013.

Oh, I was sure you didn't need to but I don't have too much knowledge on this topic anyway :P I was able to root my LG P769 even though the bootloader is locked. Also off-topic but do you have any useful Xposed Modules that you can suggest for me?

it's crazy how many there are I personally don't use xposed on my 1+1 but when I did on my HTC One, I used App Settings to basically get Paranoid Android's Per-App Hybrid settings on any device which is awesome.

Also moto tether if your carrier doesn't allow you to tether your device.

Tinted Status bar is pretty nice also if you want to have a really clean looking OS, but you have to do some manual tweaks in some applications.

Hopefully you don't have it shipped to Canada, an extra $100 in taxes almost. 

Nope to the U.S

@WunderWuffle is a complete noob and he rooted his 1+1 in 7 minutes and got Franco kernel up and running on the XNP30O OTA.

OnePlus made is quite easy to root this phone, on the same level as a Nexus device.

im not saying its hard, but most people just dont want that much controllability

seeing as he comes from iOs i think themes will blow his mind :D

it's crazy how many there are I personally don't use xposed on my 1+1 but when I did on my HTC One, I used App Settings to basically get Paranoid Android's Per-App Hybrid settings on any device which is awesome.

Also moto tether if your carrier doesn't allow you to tether your device.

Tinted Status bar is pretty nice also if you want to have a really clean looking OS, but you have to do some manual tweaks in some applications.

Ok, thanks! :)

My Current Build: 

GravityBox is essential.

If you run a custom ROM such as CM, you'll most likely have a ton of conflicts running that app, I never recommend it unless you are running on stock AOSP.

The OPO is a nice phone, just that the menu and back button are switch is a bummer. WHY DID YOU DO THAT OPO? WHY?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Never had any problems on my Nexus 5 with CM11.. 

I had tons of issues with it and Paranoid Android 4.3.1. That being said that was a while ago, but toned down ROMs such as SlimROM would probably a better way to run Gravity Box.

The OPO is a nice phone, just that the menu and back button are switch is a bummer. WHY DID YOU DO THAT OPO? WHY?

ask OPPO, they literally copied 1:1 their layout of the find 7's capacitive buttons. That and they are so dim, I could never run them

oppo-find-7-1.jpg

You get used to it very quickly.

I was surprised, thought I would have to find a way to swap them in software.